C-section scar hurting during exercise

Options
I've noticed the last few days after doing some of the programs on my elliptical that my c-section scar hurts (tingles, stings, feels like it's stretching apart) while the elliptical is at a high incline. Anybody else experienced this during exercise? I assume it's probably normal and nothing to worry about. Just looking to hear other's experiences about whether it gets better the longer you keep at it.

Replies

• keithemp
    Options
    I've noticed the last few days after doing some of the programs on my elliptical that my c-section scar hurts (tingles, stings, feels like it's stretching apart) while the elliptical is at a high incline. Anybody else experienced this during exercise? I assume it's probably normal and nothing to worry about. Just looking to hear other's experiences about whether it gets better the longer you keep at it.

I don't think anyone can provide an honest answer. I'd check with your doctor.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I've had plenty of strange sensations on and around mine. As long as its been long enough to heal, ie, at least 12 weeks of full rest, there isn't much chance of it reopening. There is a chance you can make the internal scarring worse if you strain yourself too much.
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I've had plenty of strange sensations on and around mine. As long as its been long enough to heal, ie, at least 12 weeks of full rest, there isn't much chance of it reopening. There is a chance you can make the internal scarring worse if you strain yourself too much.

I guess I should have included that I'm almost 10 months postpartum. I'm definitely not worried about it breaking open. I'm more just worried about it limiting my exercise options I guess. I didn't realize it could actually make the scarring worse. That's something to consider when I plan on having more kids, hopefully via VBACs.