I forgot how far I've come!

Options
So, I've been warring with 5-10 vanity pounds lately... losing and gaining back week over week, feeling down because I know I'm not being committed to it. So I joined a contest with my friends to get points for healthy choices over the next 8 weeks and looking to get excited again. As I was discussing this w/ my coworkers (who have worked here for just over a year) and they smirked at my incentive to lose weight.. "you're skinny!" they said... so I dug up a picture of myself from July 2010, one month before I joined MFP. They tried to be polite, but I definately got a "holy crap!"
In that picture I was 200 lbs and I'm 5'5" and my son was 7 mos old...and I realized how big I was! I have been maintaining my 65 lb loss for almost 3 years, through another pregnancy (I weighed less when I delivered my second than when I got pregnant with my first!) and a hip arthroscopy almost a year ago (no more running for me, boo!).
My body's not perfect, but I'm pretty happy with my size and fitness level... I can always get stronger and slimmer and healthier, but I need to acknowledge my accomplishment and take a breath.
I think this is life... we're always trying to speed to the next day, the next point, the next "thing" and forget to look around and take a breath... just a glance back to see how far you've come before looking forward again gains perspective.
So, I'm not smart enough to post pictures on here (already shunning work to write this inspired post!) but I will open my profile to show you my before and afters in case you're interested.
Love yourself people! Appreciate what you've done and gain perspective to make the forward journey more enjoyable!
Ok... I now will step off my soapbox... Happy Wednesday MFP!

Replies

• tly74
    tly74 Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations on your achievements! You look amazing. I've just joined MFP and seeing others such as yourself who have gone such a long way is truly inspiring.

Cheers.
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Thank-you! Welcome to the MFP community. This does work!:happy: