I'm always hungry!

Options
2»

Replies

• soupandcookies
    soupandcookies Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Are you hungry, or do you just WANT to nibble?
  • la_Laleh
    la_Laleh Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I feel like I eat a lot of protein but maybe I don't. I do need to add more vegetables (I get horrible gas pains from eating a lot of produce but I bought some enzymes). I'll try using almond milk and adding nut butter to my oatmeal, although I already use chopped almonds.

I took a look at your food diary... The first thing I noticed was that you either aren't tracking all your water intake, or you aren't drinking enough. Try drinking more water or be sure to track. I like to drink a cup of green tea, or herbal tea, before each meal. The warmth from the tea itself sometimes helps me feel less hungry. Water/fluid intake is very important to weight loss and feeling full.

You def seem to have more room for protein at the end of each day - try to incorporate more of that into your meals to help you feel full. Fiber in take is important for the same reason - I like to get fiber from fruits and veggies at almost every snack and meal I have.

I don't know if other people get this way, but when I eat a lot of sugar, I tend to feel more hungry. The hunger also seems to be more frequent.
  • GreatGreenSea
    GreatGreenSea Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling actual stomach rumbling, light-headed hunger.
  • GreatGreenSea
    Options
    I do drink at LEAST 34 ounces per day plus herbal tea. I just suck at logging it!

I'll try to work on my protein intake.
  • redsnapper8
    redsnapper8 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I reduce portion size so I can have another meal/starter and allow 20 mins before the main. If I'm still hungry before bed I find a weightwatchers yoghurt (loving the crumble ones they do) appeased me
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Exercise helps with hunger, a) by keeping you busy and taking your mid off eating, b) by making you thirsty so you drink more and fill up that way, and c) the endorphins or whatever actually suppress appetite (well it does for me anyway). And the best thing is that once you're done exercising and had your shower etc, when you start feeling hungry again, you can pig out and eat back all your yummy exercise calories! :-)
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    If your first starting... being constantly hungry was normal for me. Your body needs a little time to adjust to the portions your giving it now in comparison to what you were eating. Now, when I get hungry here are a few things I do to combat it:

- Drink water - sometimes you're actually needing water more than food. Try drinking a big glass of water
    - Chew gum - gum fulfills the need to chew w/out the added calories
    - Eat a square of dark chocolate - I eat 72% dark chocolate and this usually takes away my hunger and any cravings I may have.
    - Take up a hobby - learn to knit, crochet, sew, scrapbook, paint... something to keep your hands busy and distract your mind.
    - Do a puzzle/play a game - same logic
    - Eat more protein during the day and especially dinner - I find that if have eaten more protein during the day, then I'm less likely to be hungry sporadically
    - Celery - I like celery when I'm hungry. It's a lot of chewing and you feel full with minimal calories.
    - Throw in a work out - I do this one. If I feel hungry, I'll do a 20 minute workout (if I can). This way, I'm up and moving, I burn calories, and then I could have a little snack if my numbers allow for it.

I have found that I feel the "hunger" when I'm doing nothing... so for me, it's mindless eating. I find if I get up, do something, and stay busy, I'm not "hungry".

Don't do what I did - These were my rules for 2 years when I was really diligent and motivated. I fell of the wagon last year and gained weight. I'm now on the fight back to lose what I gained and then more, but this time it's a fight with my mind.

Whatever you try - you can do it!
  • GreatGreenSea
    Options
    Thank you for the advice and encouragement.
  • kesslertg
    kesslertg Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Try the FastMetabolism .... hunger goes away after a day or two. A bunch of folks at my golf club are doing this. I've dropped 36 lbs ... since 11/10/13.

http://www.chewfo.com/diets/the-fast-metabolism-diet-by-haylie-pomroy-2013-what-to-eat-and-foods-to-avoid-food-list/#phase1
  • FrauMama
    FrauMama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'd eat more fat, too. That helps keep me happy and full, even more than protein (which is of course also important, as quite a few have already mentioned). :)

Good luck; being hungry is a drag!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else hungry all the time?

Night time is the worst, and evening in general.

Any way to help this?

Yes, eating food generally cures hunger....
  • GreatGreenSea
    Options
    I took your advice and waited until after I worked out (aka massive amounts of cleaning), took a shower, and fed the pets to eat my dinner. I ate less food, wasn't as hungry, and I was able to fall asleep very quickly.
  • GreatGreenSea
    Options
    Is anyone else hungry all the time?

Night time is the worst, and evening in general.

Any way to help this?

Yes, eating food generally cures hunger....

No kidding? !