New Rules of Lifting for Women...

Options
Has anyone actually started or done this program while they were still obese and had a lot of weight to lose? I see that most people only had 5-15 pounds to lose when they started it. I am just wondering if I need to wait until I lose more weight or if it is something that can contribute to my weight loss. I still have about 40 pounds to get to a normal and healthy range. As of right now I only do spin classes as my form of exercise.

Replies

• dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You can definitely start it now! It is a great program and you can always modify some things if you need to. Best of luck!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    many people do wait to start lifting until they lose a lot of weight...and generally they regret it because they realize what everyone was talking about before in RE to losing muscle mass while you diet. Lifting will help preserve that muscle mass and thus your metabolism...not to mention you look a lot better with a little muscle when you've shed some fat. This is the issue people have when they lose weight and they're like, "but I'm not "toned"..." they lost a whole bunch of muscle along the way so they're just a smaller but still squishy version of their old selves.

i waited until I lost 30 Lbs or so before I started lifting...and I regret every lost ounce of muscle. I've spent the last year or so just trying to re-comp and tighten everything up...it would have been much easier to just preserve what I had to begin with but I was too focused on the scale.