Scale?

Options
I've been doing MFP for about a week now, I got on the scale Sunday and I weighed 157. Then I got back on yesterday and I weighed 155. Is that possible? I weighed at the same times in the day. I'm just curious if that's actually correct

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you lost some water weight. In the first week or two, yes it is possible.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Yes, totally possible. And not uncommon. It's highly unlikely that you lost 2 lbs of fat since Sunday, but 2 lbs of weight is not a big deal. Water weight, especially in women, can make your weight bounce around a lot. Don't freak out if it bounces back up. Just stay the course and the overall trend should be downward.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Make sure to take progress pictures and body measurements too.

I didn't start this until I had already lost a chunk of weight and I really regret not doing it from the very start!
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Yep. If you weigh yourself daily you will see pretty large flucations. I was 142.2 when I woke up and at 11am (my lowest weight of the day - I know it is crazy i know this), I weighed 139.9. Did I lose over two pounds in 3 hours? Nope. But that 139.9 is now my "new low" and I probably won't see it consistently for another week or so.
  • joshuawray17
    joshuawray17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use this scale:

EatSmart Precision GetFit Digital Body Fat Scale w/ 400 lb. Capacity & Auto Recognition Technology

http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Capacity-Recognition-Technology/dp/B004L6NTHU/ref=sr_1_3?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1389812307&sr=1-3

It helps me see what might be the cause of my weight fluctuations since it does Body Fat%, Water%, Muscle Mass% and Bone Mass.