"But I just need to put my head down for a few...ZZzzZZz"

LaChanchita
LaChanchita Posts: 32
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Do any of you feel drained, so so drained on the diet sometimes that you have to have a snooze? and do you think its bad to have a snooze in the middle of the day???

I got sooooooo tired today, around 2pm, and yesterday, I felt tired and drained and my body is in so much pain because of the weight trainning, it felt like my body was beggin to have a sleep.......Does this happen to any of you?

I have been sleeping enough hours at night, because I have AUTOBOT it is an andriod application for your phone, that calculates how much you have slept and tells you if you are under or over......

I just was sooooo bloody tired since exercising so much these last few days and eating the 2000 calories, and I have exams next week, and I am finding it hard to study when I get tired like this all the time now.....I would still get tired when I was not on the diet but it was a different sort of tired, it was a "im a lazy bum and just want to go to bed now" tired, this is a "can't keep my eyes open, I'm so damn sore, cant think " tired......and I dont want to eat more calories and ruin my diet...I will never loose weight if i do.....

When I would study a few weeks ago when I was not on the diet yet, I would have alot of high sugar foods and they would keep me vibrantly awake during long study hours and exams.

I have almost doubled my protien intake in the last few days to see if it would make a difference and etc etc.....I may need to tell my doctor about this, because its just too much......

What do you think? have you guys gone through this? do you nap? or you resist to nap?

Kisses and cuddles, ♥ Chanchi ♥

Replies

• Best thing to do is see a doctor if your tiredness is as bad as it sounds. With that said I have a nap everyday at 2pm... but I am lucky and am at home all day. My nap is anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes. I workout about an hour after my nap. By all means if you are tired and have time for a nap I would say take a nap.
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    In wonder what sort of thing you're eating – slow release carbs, fruit and veg, etc etc?
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    I've found the opposite. I no longer crash at 3 and require a Mountain Dew to make it and I have energy left to play with my 4 year old when I get home and don't fall asleep in the recliner. If it persists I would see a doctor. Also are you eating enough...in the beginning I stayed right on the 1200 mark and in the mornings I felt terrible so I gave myself more morning calories and reduced evening calores...worked like a charm.
  • Thanks guys... I think I will see my doctor.... and I feel that I may need to increase my calories..... I actually did what you said.....this morning I ate a bigger breakfast....and i did not feel too bad...but still got very weary as the day went on.

I will go to the doctors this week and talk to them about it.

love and kisses!!!

♥Chanchi♥
  • Hope all's OK with you Chanchi - I'm glad you're seeing the doctor, just to exclude any medical reason for your weariness.
  • Hope all's OK with you Chanchi - I'm glad you're seeing the doctor, just to exclude any medical reason for your weariness.

Awwww thank you darling!!!

Me too I hope it is nothing stupid.... I hope it is just my body not acustomed to eating the foods I am eating and at such intervals.

Muaaaaaaaaaaah!

xxoo ♥
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Hope everything is ok! I know I get that snoozy feeling after eatting higher carb foods. I also get snoozy the week of and the week after TOM, maybe slightly anemic?

Good Luck!
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    You're a super busy gal, perhaps that's the reason you're tired? Barring any medical issues(like sleep apnea), maybe you should just listen to your body and take a little nappie:) Also, make sure you're eating enough, getting enough water and relaxing a little-exams are stressful...
    All the best to you,
    H.
  • aaaaaaaaaaaaw Ms Bug and ?Hozik, you are both sooooo sweet!

My sister has anemia......and I have been waking up suddenly during the night, and having to go to sleep all over again...... I will go to the doctors this monday.

You guys are sooo lovely!!!!

lots of hugs and cuddles!!!!!
    kisses and cuddles!!!

♥♥♥
  • I think seeing the doctor is the best thing--especially since you can talk with him/her about the journey you are embarking on. However, if there is nothing wrong with you medically, your desire for sleep may just be how your body works, or it could be mental since it seems you have a lot on your plate.

I LOVE sleep and taking naps. With a 9-5 job, I don't always get to take advantage of that love, but I really do love sleep and so sometimes I convince myself I am tired.

Another great reason to not only see your doctor now, but to also be noticing these changes is that you can get accoustomed to what is "normal" for you. As much as I love my sleep, lately I have just been feeling drained. I am keeping an eye on it so I will know if/when I need to seek attention on this.

Hope all goes well at the doctor, and welcome to MFP!
This discussion has been closed.