Ever Witness Something Funny at the Gym??

Options
nikii14
nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
So, I was down in the workout area where there are a ton of mirrors (just what I need:noway: ) and there is a guy working out ...well...supposedly working out. I don't think he saw me...but I had a great view of him. He kept grabbing himself. Ok, fine, a little adjustment I can understand..lol...but this was a bit more than that. Then, as he is obsessing over himself in the mirror, he takes a closer look and decides to pop a zit. UGH!! I didn't know whether to laugh or puke. It definatley made the time much more amusing!!

Ever see some interesting things at the gym??

Replies

• nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    So, I was down in the workout area where there are a ton of mirrors (just what I need:noway: ) and there is a guy working out ...well...supposedly working out. I don't think he saw me...but I had a great view of him. He kept grabbing himself. Ok, fine, a little adjustment I can understand..lol...but this was a bit more than that. Then, as he is obsessing over himself in the mirror, he takes a closer look and decides to pop a zit. UGH!! I didn't know whether to laugh or puke. It definatley made the time much more amusing!!

Ever see some interesting things at the gym??
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    haha i've never seen anything THAT interesting, at least not that I remember.
    but it always cracks me up when I see guys there on "man dates" as i like to call them where they sit there and watch each other do reps and cheer them on. like 5 or 6 of them will be there for 2 hours and barely do anything. its so funny.
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. I go to the gym at UNLV (http://srwc.unlv.edu/index.html) and I've seen something unbelievable and sad at the same time.

I was on the elliptical machine and there was a woman in front of me doing the same exercise but she was about 150lbs heavier and twenty years older.

10 minutes into her workout, her friend came to visit her and while she was on the machine her friend handed her a large soda from Carls Jr.and a cheeseburger. The woman put the soda into the drink holder and drank it while going on the elliptical machine.

I couldn't believe it! She didn't munch on the cheeseburger burger on the machine though, she waited until she got off the machine and ate it on the way to the locker room.
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    haha i've never seen anything THAT interesting, at least not that I remember.
    but it always cracks me up when I see guys there on "man dates" as i like to call them where they sit there and watch each other do reps and cheer them on. like 5 or 6 of them will be there for 2 hours and barely do anything. its so funny.

hehe..."man dates" it's so true.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Oh, gosh, I cannot think of anything right now but I have seen a lot of crazy things done that can be very damaging to the body...but going back to what you saw YUCK!!!!! And I hate it when guys are soooo into themselves and go to the gym to "show off" And sometimes those are the ones that are working out incorrectly or you see them pumping so much for their chests and legs but have a huge belly :laugh: :laugh:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. I go to the gym at UNLV (http://srwc.unlv.edu/index.html) and I've seen something unbelievable and sad at the same time.

I was on the elliptical machine and there was a woman in front of me doing the same exercise but she was about 150lbs heavier and twenty years older.

10 minutes into her workout, her friend came to visit her and while she was on the machine her friend handed her a large soda from Carls Jr.and a cheeseburger. The woman put the soda into the drink holder and drank it while going on the elliptical machine.

I couldn't believe it! She didn't munch on the cheeseburger burger on the machine though, she waited until she got off the machine and ate it on the way to the locker room.

Hahaha, okay so this reminds me of something I did at the gym...
    I have a friend that works there and he brought in this really good looking hamburger and we thought it would be funny if he were to hold it in front of me on the treadmill while he kicks up the speed...just to see how other reacted.
  • londob
    londob Posts: 2
    Options
    i was running on the treadmill one day. there were two machines in front of me...on the left was a women jogging at a good pace...on the right a younger guy had gotten on the machine. he started jogging at a slow pace and keep increasing the speed. he kept looking over at the women, as if to see if she noticed how fast he was going.....then he completely lost footing at face planted on the treadmill. i couldnt help but laugh out loud. he certainly caught her eye after that one.
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ewwww, popping zits in the mirror at the gym thats sick. :sick: :sick: :laugh:

Funniest thing I've ever seen was a little chippie (aka 20 year old with a really good figure and knows it and the outfit matches) all dressed in a black spandex thing who thought she was fiercely hot, strutting her stuff for all to see (BTW I belong to a woman's only gym so you figure out why). As she walked away from me, we all noticed that miss thang sat in some dust from the construction and she looked like a fool with a snow white butt! LOL Everyone was laughing.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have seen a few people fall on the treadmill. Once I knew they were ok, I allowed myself to be amused! hehe

Unfortunately, I always seem to be beside or worse yet...BEHIND someone with gas!!! I always seem to get a whiff of stink. ICK!! When you are trying to exercise and breathe deeply and then you smell that. Or, once this guy got on next to me and he just stank. I don't know what it was. It was almost like he was working out in clothes that had already been sweated in and dried, and is now getting moist again with sweat, if that makes sense. I almost threw up!

I wear deoderant, and put a light, lemony scented perfume on (nothing too strong so people don't get sick from THAT)..and I chew gum so that any scent coming off my person is pleasant!! LOL!
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Oh, gosh, I cannot think of anything right now but I have seen a lot of crazy things done that can be very damaging to the body...but going back to what you saw YUCK!!!!! And I hate it when guys are soooo into themselves and go to the gym to "show off" And sometimes those are the ones that are working out incorrectly or you see them pumping so much for their chests and legs but have a huge belly :laugh: :laugh:

Lucky for me I have the great hibernation coat, and have little to nothing to show off except the wave effect. You ever seen a baluga whale work out? If you haven't come to my gym for a good time! :) Haha, I do see alot of those "guy dates" you refer to them as( I'll have to remember that one!), I've actually been invited but know and insist my workouts are purely about working out, not talking, bsing, flexing, etc. It's lost time I could be doing something else with!
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    This is why I only run outside, by myself! No gassy people,and no zit poppin going on out on the trails! I also only work out at home in my room, again alone, lol! But I tell ya, there is nothing more humbling then to work out in your undies:noway: , It is VERY motiviting! Lol! And no one has to see!
  • FORMYBABY
    FORMYBABY Posts: 17
    Options
    I used to work for a BIG coffee shop, I would bring in 10-12 sm blended drinks for the trainers at my club, it was so funny, they would be working with their whipped cream topped cup of joy!!!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Rule for gyms: wear deodorant and no perfume. I can smell that stuff a mile away.

I saw a woman running so fast on the treadmill, she had to use the hand rails to support herself while her legs ran. She looked like a cartoon. To top it off, she was wearing low shorts and had to keep pulling them up.

At an all women gym, I don't get to see too much, strut. I did see one woman wear a bra for her workout - and not a workout bra. The women in full makeup crack me up too - oh, and they are not coming from work either. Also the ones that read while working out (including weights).
  • lk14040
    lk14040 Posts: 90
    Options
    I was at the gym with a friend one day, and a cute guy was working out. I was counting my friend as she did her sit-ups, and the guy came over and showed her a different way of doing the sit-ups. Then he went back to working out. There are these 2 other girls that workout during the same days and time we usually do, they are so annoying though. Anyways, after that guy talked to us, the one girl started flirting with him and he was paying no attention. She kept complimenting him and saying she wished she workout as hard and looked as good as him. It was so funny because he didnt even care and looked annoyed.
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    I crack up when I walk past the "guy date" groups, or when a single guy is lifting weights and making every strange look known to man on his face, as well as adding a few well placed "oh this is the heaviest weight in the world, I'm so strong" grunts. There are times I wish I had a camera.

I told this to my trainer the other day, and we both started cracking up as a guy on a weight bench in front of us made this awful weight lifting grunt face as we paced by him. It was hilarious!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

Lucky for me I have the great hibernation coat, and have little to nothing to show off except the wave effect. You ever seen a baluga whale work out? If you haven't come to my gym for a good time! :) Haha, I do see alot of those "guy dates" you refer to them as( I'll have to remember that one!), I've actually been invited but know and insist my workouts are purely about working out, not talking, bsing, flexing, etc. It's lost time I could be doing something else with!

I hope you did not get offended :ohwell: Some people tend to concentrate on some parts of the body only instead of creating a nice balance...I am sure when you get married in Maui in your tuxedo swim suit you want to be toned down all over :happy:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I saw a guy doing dead lifts in a pink leotard once. I wasn't paying attention, walked right up to where he was, turned to ask if he was close to finished, and just laughed. He was a bid dude too. He turned bright red. I appologized and asked "seriously, what's up with that?" Turns out he lost a bet and had to wear something pink all day, and he just "couldn't" skip his workout. Now THAT's dedication! Luckily this was a pretty hard core gym and not many females would visit it. It was a little grungy, very free weight oriented. Soon after, I just stopped going. I think I was scarred for life after that.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe that you asked this question today - I had this experience today and wanted to tell someone! Read on....

For the first time ever I experienced a transgender person - obviously a man "becoming" a woman - so obvious, but you could really tell by the hair and the body build. So he/she walked into the woman's locker room looking like a woman (i will use this loosely) and came out dressed to workout looking completely male!

Another guy at our gym I call the "Stalker", he never works out, has a VERY, VERY bad toupe, and just walks around "advising" people on how to workout properly.....he never works out himself though and because of this he can wear the same outfit everyday!!

I love people watching....
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    My husband got the walking farts once. IT was funny. He was pretty embarrassed.
    We do have a guy who wears biking pants all the time. Once in a while he wear the bobby brown pants too. It is horrible when is wears the white ones and he is doing leg presses. It is not a pretty sight.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Boy, am I glad I work out at home...the only person I have to worry about grossing out is myself!:laugh: