Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Insanity when insanely tired - any gains to be had??

Today is day 52 and I'm feeling pretty beaten up as hard sessions the past 3 days together with playing golf - wet courses, carrying clubs! Last night I was feeling the same but started the plyo session and surprised myself how hard I managed to work. Today was cardio and cardio abs and 25 minutes into cardio and I was still sluggish and struggling. Decided to call it a day and do the abs session which I got through and worked pretty hard at - body just feels too beaten up to jump around like a crazy woman!

So my question is - at what point are the benefits of pushing through compromised by fatigue and in fact no gains made? The "dig deeper" and such calls imply that the most gains are made when fatigued and pushing those limits but I'm not sure I could do that tonight and certainly couldn't get my heart rate up to usual workout limits.

I hate quitting but think I did the right thing and will probably replace one of the "recovery" sessions this week with the cardio so I feel better!

Thoughts?

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Kudos on getting to day 52! You're almost done! WOO HOO!!!

That line where you simply need a break or push through it is different for everybody. If you're overtraining then there is NO benefit in pushing through it and rest is your BEST option. Why not take a day or two off completely and then pick it up fresh? No need to quit (especially when you're SO CLOSE to finishing) but maybe just take a day or two off. When I did it, it took me 74 days to finish and I even had to repeat a week due to a family medical emergency.

Feel free to friend me! :)
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    It is not always about just conditioning your body with physical activities.
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Had a rest day and came back fighting - really pushed the max circuit on Friday and max cardio yesterday (replaced the recovery DVD).

Looking forward to a rest today (hams tight and sore) and then the final week begins :-)

Thanks guys...