HOLY COW!!

Options
Couldn't sleep last night....had an epiphany......yesturday went out with my mon (her 1st wedding anniversary since my dad passed)...and we went out for lunch and I had a meal at Johnny Carinos...no big deal really....someting I would do VERY often in my old way of living.......THERE ARE 400+ grams fo FAT in 1/2 order..:sad: .......400+ grams.....HOLY COW!!!!!!!! never would have imagined....never would have cared before....(well that was 5 months ago)

....that is the epiphany.....now that I am trying to be healthy it bothered me all night that I consumed such a meal......before....I would have had that...plus 2 other high fat meals.........in one day!!!!! Wow what a change I have made, YEAH me!!:bigsmile:

Replies

• fifiharris01
    fifiharris01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Had one of those myself recently. You're doing great!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Awesome discovery and revelation. Fabulous that your lifestyle habits have changed so much and you are now conscience of what you are consuming. Hoping you at least enjoyed eating it while you were eating it!!!! Hugs to your Mom.
  • ronaldj
    Options
    Yup, you gotta...

love those epiphanies - good going!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    wow! that's a whole load of fat!! Nearly a whole pound in fact, in one sitting!! OMG!! :noway:

I was recently amazed with the amount of salt in KFC. Not as much calories as I thought but the salt...... :noway:

Just goes to show eh

:flowerforyou:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    How does one even fit 400 grams of fat into a meal? Is it just all oil? lol

It's really fun when you first start tracking your food to see exactly what you were eating before. So many people think they gained because they weren't eating enough. I can't tell you how many people say, "I only ate one meal a day!"

But if that "one meal" was anything like the "one meal" I used to eat, they were eating way more than they needed. Small volume, but LARGE calories and fat!
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Errr . . . that sounded a little high to me, so I checked their website. I think you meant 400 calories from fat which is about 45 or 50 grams. Still totally ridiculous, but not as crazy as you were thinking. The worst meal they had was 1800 calories and 149g fat which is 1400 calories from fat. More calories from fat in that meal than a lot of people on this site eat in a day :-p

Here's their website http://www.carinos.com/content/documents/Nutritional-Info-Guide.pdf
  • Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I went through the same thing last night. My father in law wanted to go to pizza hut... so I thought I would do the sensible thing and NOT order Pizza. Instead I ordered the Creamy Chicken Alfredo. Well needless to say, I should have chosen their cesear salad with grilled chicken. Let me tell you, I worked MY BUTT OFF to burn those calories. Woke up this am and found out that I was the same weight as yesterday. Phew... :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Errr . . . that sounded a little high to me, so I checked their website. I think you meant 400 calories from fat which is about 45 or 50 grams. Still totally ridiculous, but not as crazy as you were thinking. The worst meal they had was 1800 calories and 149g fat which is 1400 calories from fat. More calories from fat in that meal than a lot of people on this site eat in a day :-p

Here's their website http://www.carinos.com/content/documents/Nutritional-Info-Guide.pdf

That makes WAY more sense, but I'm rarely surprised these days, so 400 sounded possible. :-)
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options

Well, for my sake I hope you are right.....tried to go to the above website you suggested but when I did it says error has occured....I just went with MFP database and it says 400+ grams of fat and I did a double check on bing website and it verified the 400+ fat grams....can't get on carinos for some reason but they aught to know so thanks!!!! and I feel a little better with the 45 or 50 grams of fat---won't get them again regardless but it is one tastey meal, YUMMO!!!
  • JustBeckyV
    Options
    Congrats on taking new steps in the right direction!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Couldn't sleep last night....had an epiphany......yesturday went out with my mon (her 1st wedding anniversary since my dad passed)...and we went out for lunch and I had a meal at Johnny Carinos...no big deal really....someting I would do VERY often in my old way of living.......THERE ARE 400+ grams fo FAT in 1/2 order..:sad: .......400+ grams.....HOLY COW!!!!!!!! never would have imagined....never would have cared before....(well that was 5 months ago)

....that is the epiphany.....now that I am trying to be healthy it bothered me all night that I consumed such a meal......before....I would have had that...plus 2 other high fat meals.........in one day!!!!! Wow what a change I have made, YEAH me!!:bigsmile:

Absolutely!

I had a little "thing" happen to me over the weekend just gone. My hubby and I went to the cinema and whilst he was queueing up to get the tickets, he said to go and get some sweets. Now I have to make it clear that before we went, I did inform him that I intended to have a bag of sweets because the cinema just isn't the same without a crunchy, rustly bag of sweets to munch through the movie with.

Well the upshot of it was, I stood infront of the pick'n'mix for five minutes and eventually walked away - with nothing! NOTHING!!!! N-O-T-H-I-N-G, not a sausage!!!!!

How did I do it? I didn't, everytime I tried to pick up a bag to put the sweets in, I could hear my subconscious going "sweets, are they good for me?" The answer was always "no", therefore, no sweets did I have.

I do that with all food and have said that to myself before I eat anything for the last 14 weeks, I guess, somehow, somewhere along the line, I have virtually brainwashed myself :laugh: