10 American Foods that are Banned in Other Countries

Options
13»

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    ***gag*** especially on the milk!

Haha I like seeing Canada on this list but it needs to explain why Canada has "banned" milk from the US...nothing to do with chemicals it's because we have a milk board...

http://www.cdc-ccl.gc.ca/CDC/index-eng.php?id=3785

Their mandate is...
    Under the Canadian Dairy Commission Act, the CDC's legislated objectives are:

•to provide efficient producers of milk and cream with the opportunity to obtain a fair return for their labour and investment; and
    •to provide consumers of dairy products with a continuous and adequate supply of dairy products of high quality.
    Because I can go over to Maine anytime I want and buy milk and bring it in so it's not "BANNED" we just don't import it because it's really cheap and our dairy farmers got their panties in a bunch.

ETA: I can buy chips made with Olean and US bread so the food is not Banned in Canada we just don't import it and I am sure it has to do with money not what's in it.
  • rslcarson
    rslcarson Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/9857136/Horse-meat-scandal-timeline.html

This link might be interesting, here in UK we had a massive horse meat scandal where undeclared for human consumption was sold to food processing factories. Packets labelled as beef were tested and held 29% horsemeat! It's taking a long time for the beef market to recover as a result.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Yes, the horsemeat scandal still rumbles on...
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Wow, no one has said that this list is making them hungry or that it would serve as an excellent grocery list...the "I will eat anything" cult is getting soft...
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Wow, no one has said that this list is making them hungry or that it would serve as an excellent grocery list...the "I will eat anything" cult is getting soft...

sorry let me go buy chips made with Olestra, US bread and Milk and that salmon, I will make myself a salmon sandwich with chips and a big glass of milk.
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options

That said, I do recognize some of these. For example certain colours of M&M are banned in Iceland as part of ban on certain food dyes. But I am not familiar enough with the law to verify each statement.

Yeah, blue M&M's got banned in the UK too but now they are back and you can even buy a whole bag of just the blue ones :drinker:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

It's not that kind of thread. Context and all that.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    sorry let me go buy chips made with Olestra, US bread and Milk and that salmon, I will make myself a salmon sandwich with chips and a big glass of milk.

Thanks for saving me from disappointment, lol!

If you spend enough time here, you realize that context is generally not a prerequisite for sharing an opinion on MFP.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Thanks for saving me from disappointment, lol!

If you spend enough time here, you realize that context is generally not a prerequisite for sharing an opinion on MFP.

Considers your start date

Considers my start date.

Considers your post count.

Considers my post count.

K. Thanks for the advice