Insult affecting motivation

Options
2»

Replies

• Mojoman02
    Mojoman02 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Prove them wrong! Cuz you are MORE than their definition of you!!!!
  • tbogey
    tbogey Posts: 4
    Options
    Remember that people who talk like that are usually trying to boost their own self image...It helps me to focus on the fact that they feel bad enough to need to put someone down in order to make themselves feel better. At least you aren't that bad off. AND you're doing something about it! In a month or two will they be feeling any better about themselves?
  • Carnline2
    Options
    Talk yourself out of the funk. You got yourself to where you are today. You are taking steps to reduce weight. You won't be fat forever if you keep working on it. Put out negative retain the positive
  • jmp463
    jmp463 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I say "EMBRACE IT!" Yep, you heard me right. That person is one of many you will encounter who will attempt to rain on your parade while you are on your journey. I promise you....everybody...and I mean EVERYBODY has a demon----a skeleton in the closet----a flaw. The person who insulted you today and all the others down the road are trying to offset their demon by dragging you down because you have the courage to tackle yours. That person is hurting for one reason or another and they lack the courage to tackle whatever their demon is.
    YOU ARE DIFFERENT----YOU ARE BOLD---YOU HAVE PRIDE---AND YOU HAVE US! Keep your eye on the prize and take heart in the fact that you are a better person for taking steps to make your life better as opposed to making others worse like that person tried to. You don't know me, but I am proud of you for reaching out. Don't EVER give anybody the satisfaction of dragging you down to their level. Your better than that. ROCK ON!!!

I have been on here since May and I think that is the best damn pep talk I have seen. You are a good man. OP you should embrace these words and use them to fight back and take control.
  • amandakev88
    amandakev88 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    i have felt like this before when somebody asked me if i was expecting in the past. as a matter of fact, i think i went downstairs [it was at work] and got mcdonalds. because eating made me happy. somebody calls you fat. you feel fat. feeling fat makes you feel sad. eating **** makes you feel happy. vicious cycle.

if YOU want to lose weight, don't fall into the vicious cycle. i did and i gained. if you DON'T CARE about how your body looks and feels, then eat whatever you want.

dont make it about them. whatever they say is a product of their own brain and does not affect you at all.

i know it hurts. people are cruel. **** just slips out, often without them thinking. ignore it and move on. if you want this you can get this.. why let the other persons negativity pull to under?

do something else that makes you happy, besides eating. treat yourself to something that isnt food. something that makes you feel good about yourself. pumice your feet and watch a dumb film lol.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I say "EMBRACE IT!" Yep, you heard me right. That person is one of many you will encounter who will attempt to rain on your parade while you are on your journey. I promise you....everybody...and I mean EVERYBODY has a demon----a skeleton in the closet----a flaw. The person who insulted you today and all the others down the road are trying to offset their demon by dragging you down because you have the courage to tackle yours. That person is hurting for one reason or another and they lack the courage to tackle whatever their demon is.
    YOU ARE DIFFERENT----YOU ARE BOLD---YOU HAVE PRIDE---AND YOU HAVE US! Keep your eye on the prize and take heart in the fact that you are a better person for taking steps to make your life better as opposed to making others worse like that person tried to. You don't know me, but I am proud of you for reaching out. Don't EVER give anybody the satisfaction of dragging you down to their level. Your better than that. ROCK ON!!!

Excellent advice!!
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Dang dude that was darn motivating!
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options

You are awesome.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options

I agree with ^^ When my mother commented on how fat I've gotten, I said "Yep, I have gotten fat!"

I admit it. I have. Not my fault that someone else is rude, but hey, it's the truth! Time to go to the gym & eat well because those two things lift my mood better than any junk food ever has!
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Some person I know who I have seen in a while said 'god you've gotten fat' I am now tempted to go back to what's caused the weight gain...cider and sweets. Any tips to feel better and less depressed so I won't cheat? I feel so small at the moment, any advice would be great.

Good idea..lets go ahead and eat our emotions...stop feeling bad for yourself and do something about it. Use the negative words for motivation. I may be a little harsh or blunt at times but all of this "I feel so bad about myself" stuff has got to go. Get your diet in order, put in the work and prove them wrong. You will always be fat unless you do something about it (which it sounds like you are, so good job). Coming to the MFP forums for coddling isn't going to change your body composition.

I'm sure I'll get some flaming for this but oh well. As a former fat guy I can truly say that you can mope, you can hate yourself, you can hate others and you can always find an excuse to participate or revert back to bad habits. It isn't until you put your feet into ACTION that things start to change. No one here can motivate you. Only YOU can motivate you. Good luck.