Sodium...everywhere...

Options
2»

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I keep my sodium down by cooking without salt and adding salt to taste. Cooking actually destroys the salty flavor even though the sodium is still there. Instead cook your foods without salt and salt at the table.

I also like to add flavor using lime and lemon juice instead of salt. Vinegar is also a good way to increase flavor, but many commercial vinegars have quite a bit of salt added.
    Huh? No. Cooking does NOT destroy the salty flavor. Properly salted food doesn't taste salty.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Slightly off topic but I notice that my friends in the UK and Australia rarely have entries that include sodium. Lots and lots of entries have zero sodium listed even though the food contains at least a little bit of sodium. All animals and plants contain some salt. The soil has salt in it. Salt is not bad and is an important part of a healthy diet. This presumes that you are healthy.
  • Satiable
    Satiable Posts: 121
    Options
    Having a george foreman grill would still require I have some where to wash it. But it is a great suggestion that I will look into when I have my own kitchen again.
    Could you use the bathroom sink to wash it? A lot of small businesses/studio apartments don't have a kitchen sink, and that's what they do. Just keep some dish soap etc. in your room.