FInally actively using this site! (And I have a question)

Options
Masekre
Masekre Posts: 5 Member
I've had this for a while, but never used it. I've put on more extra weight since moving to California and am finally motivated to lose it thanks to a random google search that lead me back to this site! I have absolutely no friends on here though and not completely sure the point in having them. So if someone can explain, then I guess add me, since i think it's important... ha.
Thanks!

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    I think it's probably different for different people. I think a lot of people want an online support system providing encouragement, cheerleading, and butt-kicking, as needed. Some people may be reaching out for information and education from experienced users who've had success on the site. A lot of people seem to be looking for people whose stats (age/gender/height/weight/pregnancy or post-pregnancy status, etc.) match theirs, possibly because they think that if they do the same thing as someone who's physically the same it should work for them. (Just a guess. Once in a while these people sound a little like they're looking for someone to compete with, but I try not to assume the worst.)

I haven't really gone looking for friends, but I've accepted a few invitations, and it's sometimes nice to have someone to chat with, or just to see someone else's successes and cheer them on.

Best of luck. I'd say go ahead and add me if you, but I see from an earlier post you're looking for friends in their early 20s, which isn't me.
  • kkmalay
    kkmalay Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    welcome! I didnt used to have friends on here either but now have a handful and its nce to see what others are up to and inspiring when you feel your motivation flagging some days, as it does, and nice to know others are inspired by you too.
  • brianmcg321
    Options
    One of my friends and myself are always competing on how many days in a row we log. It's good for motivation and some bragging rights.

It also helps if I've gone a few days with not posting any exercise and I see that she's been going running, biking etc. I'm like dang I need to go for a bike ride or do a bunch of push ups just so I can log something.
  • brittk2013
    brittk2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love having friends on here. Even something as simple as seeing that someone "liked" that I met my goals for the day makes me smile. Could I do it without those people? Yes, but it makes it more fun for me. It's also fun to post little challenges for each other or have people you can learn from. It's not for everyone, but it works well for me.
  • dga226
    dga226 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    online support to chit chat and seek advice for

some of them connect through facebook to to keep in touch and such