Poll: dyou eat cheese?

Options

Replies

• vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    YES, but only real cheese, not the processed kind.

I especially like local one-of-a-kind artisan cheeses (from Quebec), the stinkier the better. And some classic old cheddar too. And can't forget goat cheese!

It's the only reason I'll never be "100% vegan". I could cut out all other animal products, but cheese.... cheese is the reason I'm only "nearly vegan".
  • Kiayaxo
    Kiayaxo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I stay away from chess only because I love it soo much and it's a trigger food for me :(
  • journey_man
    journey_man Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Nearly every day, as part of a 250 cal snack (an ounce of cheese is 100, the rest is bread).

Lately I have been eating goat cheese, typically 70 but I've seen as low as 50 cal/oz.

I rarely feel the need for more than an ounce in one sitting.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I stay away from chess only because I love it soo much and it's a trigger food for me :(

Chess is a trigger for me too. Usually involves the trigger on a gun.
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Yes, but since getting a food scale and tracking with MFP, my portions are more controlled and I pre-measure it before consuming it.
  • hotjodels
    hotjodels Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese all the time, like daily. I love it. people tell me I should avoid it if I am "On a diet" but I am still losing weight, so I see no reason to cut it out of my life.
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Why not?
  • liftreadphilosophize
    Options
    HELL YEAH! Cheese is delicious!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

agreed.

for me, cheese is a big YES. as for the other...checkers please. (chess takes more brain power than i care to sacrifice...or maybe more than i've got...jury's out)
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options

dude...stay out of bankok...
  • rachelmarie1
    rachelmarie1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    yes, typically low fat mozzarella string cheese. its a quick and easy snack and helps increase my protein ;)
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I love cheese! :happy:
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    This!
    I could not live in a cheeseless world.
  • amandakev88
    amandakev88 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Yes, because the endless varieties and food alterations they each individually offer make the world a wonderful place.

Almonds are another great fast protein if you aren't allergic.

never thought of that! nice thank you for the suggestion.. i didnt realize they had that much protein really
  • itsfruitcake
    itsfruitcake Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    No, because I don't eat dairy, mainly for ethical reasons.
  • eAddict
    eAddict Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I could not live in a cheeseless world.
    I agree.
    Also sounds like a song Sting would sing.
  • Rogstar
    Rogstar Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    A resounding yes. I wasn't much of a cheese person as a teenager, but when I moved to Wisconsin for college about a decade ago, they wouldn't let me in the state until I became one with the cheese. Still here, still eating cheese. And brats. And drinking beer.

Yes, the stereotypes are pretty accurate...
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Yes. I love cheese.
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    why or why not?

i had 2 small pieces [about 40g 150 cals] today cause i hadnt really found anything else with quick protein.

Yes but if you are looking for an alternative to a protein source you can eat Planters Nutrition Sustainable Energy Mixes... They have 10 grams of protein but it is 250 cals for a 1.72 oz package
  • SnowWhiteFanatic
    SnowWhiteFanatic Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I have changed to the reduced fat cheese and low sodium cheese and I still love it. I eat all forms - cottage cheese, string cheese, string cheese. Low calorie and yummy!