After 1 Week

Starting to diet now and I want to get off on the right foot. I work out like 4-5 times a week. Burn about 400-600 calls at the gym when I go. My rms is about 2100 cals (give or take). I have been eating what I would consider mostly healthy and drinking plenty of water for the past week. In the past I have dieted with a similar diet and lost about 40 pounds. Problem is I have put 50 back on in the past 2 years. Time to get back down. I am wondering if anyone can offer up any suggestions to my diet to help me lose weight. I did not lose any weight this past week but did succeed in dropping 2% body fat.

Replies

• tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    First, stop calling it a diet. It is a lifestyle that you are after. Take it 5lbs at a time...slow and steady. Do not give in...keep at it and your body will catch up. I give myself a cheat day which is usually Friday nights to go to dinner and eat. This has worked for me as a good reward and something to look forward to after doing good all week. I try to eat guilt free that night. Also, when eating out, order smart. Most places now offer a healthy menu. Do your research before going to eat so you know what to order BEFORE you even get there!
  • I'm getting really big into weight training lifting heavy and hard trying to get muscle mass. They say doing so causes your body to still burn calories when at rest and helps to speed up your metabolism. I always am beneath my calorie goals but that isnt because I dont eat so much as the calories I burn. This is my first few days of lifting, im dying feels like but its a good pain. I do zumba for my cardio then when class is over hit the floor with the free weights and machines. So far its going great.and its fun. I wish you the best of luck. Check out all the different website's under weightlifting if your interested they are informative and most have free excersuce and eating plans. Good luck