Yoga DVD suggestions?

Options
yoga seems like a great way to wake up in the morning and really stretch your body. Plus get in a little work out. I'm looking for any good suggestions for a DVD I can do at home. I am a total beginner but don't want something so easy that I will get sick of doing it after a day or two.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Rodney Yee has several DVDs, and he's really good. Check out YouTube, too. I really like Tara Stiles, and Rainbeau Mars isn't bad, either.
  • liftreadphilosophize
    Options
    I actually do the (free!) videos on doyogawithme.com. The practices vary in style, length, and ability level, and you have the option to purchase a number of the practices if you l-o-v-e love one in particular (and to support the site, of course).
  • srichardallen
    srichardallen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like Jillian Michaels' yoga DVDs. They are sort of a cardio/yoga mix, so you get a great stretch but also get a pretty good burn.
    You can watch her first yoga video, Yoga Meltdown on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5nyrD4eM64)

She has a newer one called Yoga Inferno which is much more cardio. I found it much harder than Yoga Meltdown, but I still enjoyed it. With both videos, you move in and out of poses to burn calories and increase strength/flexibility.

These aren't as focused on relaxation and serenity. Just depends on what you are looking for, though.
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Travis Elliot Yoga Foundations. His is the best guide on yoga. It has 3 progressive levels of intensity. I do yoga by candlelight and it is so relaxing. And he is yummy to look at so hey there's a bonus lol.
  • hundredpoundowlz
    hundredpoundowlz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    www.ddpyoga.com

It's fantastic! My wife and I do it and we love it. Just google "Arthur Boorman" and watch his video so see what kind of stuff it can do.
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Ali Kamenova is my favorite on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/YogaIntervals19

I do one of her videos every morning.