Walking

davischiky
davischiky Posts: 45 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I walk on the treadmill anywhere from 35 - 45 mins 3 to 4 times a week. Is this sufficient to lose weight? I walk on a 10 incline (speed of 3.5) most of the times so i can increase my burned calories. Any thoughts?

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    My 68 year old aunt lost 80 pounds by keeping within her calories and just going for a walk each day so I certainly beleive that it can be done!
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Definitely adequate. Just record your calories burned, monitor your calorie intake, don't go over the total calories MFP has alloted for you.. and I think you will see results.

I've just been running/walking for 40 minutes a day, 3 days a week and am getting results. It's all a numbers game.
  • Sandeee
    Sandeee Posts: 53 Member
    You can lose weight this way but won't gain muscle. You need to incorporate other activities to get a lean firm body. Nowadays, you can buy videos on ebay for less than $10. I recommend Turbo Jam and 30 day shred. You can do as little as 20 minutes per day and really workout a sweat, burn calories and look great! Good luck in whatever you decide.:flowerforyou:
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    You will deffinitely get results. Keep going strong
  • If you are walking at up to 4mph, you can lower your incline and do a light jog at that pace. I say this b/c I love to run :love:
    But I agree, even walking is a good way to loose weight!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    That is how I lost most of mine.
    Then hit my plateau and came here.
    I have since added work out DVD's by Jillian Michales and yoga classes.
    But most of it is counting calories and walking.
    Good luck!
    Steph:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.