Am I under eating??

Options
So mfp says I should eat 1200 cals a day, and I always do, but I also exercise and burn around 700 calories. I find it hard to eat all of them back so I usually eat around 200 of them back. This puts me at 1400 but my net calories is only around 600. Am I under eating? Do I really have to net 1200?

Replies

• Smashley1947
    Options
    Focus on eating a balanced diet of whole healthy foods. I try to follow the Canada Food Guide.

The MFP calorie limit is not completely accurate, and neither are the calorie counts in the food log, and those given to you by the cardio machines. (they may be accurate but are probably not) I have doubts about the truth of the calorie count since I make a lot of my food from scratch and usually select the homemade option in the food log. But is what I made the same amount of calories as what someone else said??

I figure it is more important to be eating healthy then solely focusing on calories.
    MFP has me on the 1200 calorie a day diet. I am usually over and average around 1500-1600 per day. (According to them).

I am glad that you are worrying about eating too little.

Also for a good sustained weight loss it is important to add weight training to your workout regimen. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn doing nothing. And with adding weight lifting it is important to eat to fuel your body including fats and protein which usually have a higher calorie count.
  • HelloImKelsey
    HelloImKelsey Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That's part of why I'm not overly concerned about eating back my calories because I figure I'm probably eating more than I log. Thanks for the detailed response, I'll definitely be focused more on eating healthy rather than low calorie!