Greetings!

Options
Hello Everyone!

Well, I'm over the 300 pound mark for the third time in my life. Of course this means that I have lost the weight, gone under that mark, but I am in the midst of that backslide once again, having gained 56 pounds in the last 16 months, 45 of it in the last four months.

I recently went from 380 pounds to 233 pounds in a year and a half, kept off 130 of those pounds for two years, but since my divorce, moving to Boston, working way too much, having less time for Yoga and proper eating, my weight is just climbing and climbing.

So, my goal is to lose 80 pounds this year. I have done that twice before (actually, I have lost 100 pounds in a year twice before).

I feel like I am in the midst of full-out food addiction again, my Yoga days in India are now far behind me, and I am trying to create a whole new lifestyle for this whole new approach to getting healthy again. I have decided to leave Weight Watchers (which is how I lost all that weight, but it's obviously no longer working for me) and several of my friends are using this site, so I decided to give this my best attention (plus, I love to count).

I can certainly use some support on this journey.

The basics about me: I'm 44, male, engaged, I FINALLY got my first academic job as the director of a College Writing Center plus I teach two classes a semester. I pretty much work five days a week, 8-10 hours a day, plus I have an online teaching job as well which eats up my night hours. I used to be a 7-class-a-week Yoga person, but I have also somehow lost my love for Yoga as well and am now looking for something else as far as exercise goes, maybe going back to martial arts like in my childhood. I'm a vegetarian, having just stopped being a vegan, and I am considering being a pescetarian (shellfish only), but I won't ever go back to eating meat or eggs.

I am glad to be sharing this adventure with you all.

Replies

• Sarasota_Guy
    Sarasota_Guy Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey man! Kudos on coming back and trying again, you will succeed!!
    Best of luck to you, and add me if you need some support buddy!