Increase calories ASAP or gradually?

Options
I ate a low carb near starvation level diet for years. I have started eating breakfast and carbs, for a couple months now. MFP put me at a 1200 calorie per day diet. I've been doing that for a week and a half to two weeks. I feel stuffed most of the time. I should be eating around 2000 per day. Is there any advantage to jumping right in or gradually increasing?

Replies

• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Why is MFP setting your calories for 1200 if you should be eating 2000? Are you setting your goals correctly?
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I would do it gradually not because of any possible weight gain but to give the stomach and myself time to get use to the extra food.

I would increase by 200 each day per week. Week 1 - 1400 calories, etc.
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Why is MFP setting your calories for 1200 if you should be eating 2000? Are you setting your goals correctly?

I had it set to sedentary lifestyle because I sit most of the time. But I work out for 90 min 3 times a week, so I changed it to active. Aldo I had it set to lose 5 lbs and I changed it to no weight loss goal. I also went to scooby and got a very similar calorie requirement.