Pizza

Options
Does anyone know which pizzas are the best to buy when you go grocery shopping. Because pizza is one of my favorites and I used to get delissio but it is really bad for calories and fat. Or does anyone have any good recipes for homemade pizza?

Replies

• lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know which pizzas are the best to buy when you go grocery shopping. Because pizza is one of my favorites and I used to get delissio but it is really bad for calories and fat. Or does anyone have any good recipes for homemade pizza?
  • scostello24
    scostello24 Posts: 126
    Options
    I dont have any on hand but just google healthy pizza and you'll find millions of options...btw I have not found a single "good" pizza at the grocery store. However Lean Cuisine makes pizza to die for. Try the spinach and mushroom...omg...delicious!!!
  • skiski
    skiski Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    ummm...

pk use a tortilla or fajta for the base then add tomatoe puree, garlic, basil.

For a topping can be whatever you wish use mozeralla or very small amount of cheese (half fat if possible).

I like spinach, onion, pepper and mushrooms, cook on a baking tray at a medium heat for 30mins (adjust according to oven).

I made this for my family while I was in Canada and they were surprised it was so tasty!!!:drinker:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I agree, the Lean Cuisine pizzas are really good. I actually really like the deluxe french bread pizza by them. For some reason, it really hits the spot when I am craving pizza and I think the "french bread" part of it fills me up well.

Also, make some mini-pizzas....with english muffin or pita, some sauce, mozzarella and whatever toppings. I like to do turkey pepperoni, mushroom and green pepper! MMMMM!!
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I'm not the biggest pizza fan, but I do get cravings for it once and awhile. I keep totinos pizza rolls on hand, so when I get the craving, I can eat 1 or 2. I don't know if yours are the cravings, of for an actual meal. Actual meal....that one I don't know....but cravings, those work! :)
  • FORMYBABY
    FORMYBABY Posts: 17
    Options
    di gourno with the wheat crust, supreme is really good, and you can eat like .25-.33 of the pizza for not a whole lot of cals.:happy:
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    If I ever regain my weight, pizza will be the culprit! Amen to Lean Cuisine Gourmet brick oven mushroom pizza. I feel very satisfied when I eat one of those.
    I also make my own "pizza" using Carbdown Flatbread (90 cals). I top it with pizza sauce, mushrooms, sometimes canadian bacon and lf mozz. cheese. I broil it in the oven for a few minutes---delish!
  • monicayogima
    Options
    anything with a thin crust is good...i had three pieces of papa murphys thin crust vegi the other night and it was onlyh 400 claories for dinner and i was stuffed:happy: