Meal replacement drinks

Options
Here is my problem: My daughter is in the Air Force mother of 3 little boys and her weight is 125 pound She wants me to drink meal replacement drink to help with my wright. I have been type 1 diabetic for 43 years and don't know if they are good for me. The other problem is the cost would be a little over $100.00 just for 2 weeks of just breakfast drinks. I live on a limited income and a $100.00 a month would feed my husband and me for almost 2 weeks. My husband said if I wanted to get them do it.

What do you think would be the best way to loss this weight? I have lost 33 pounds in 3 years. I am 57 years old, 240 pounds, disabled and can only walk right now. Should I try the drinks to see if they can jump start my diet again. Haven't lost anything in 3 months.

Any input would be helpful.Thank you

Replies

• jrhendley
    jrhendley Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Here is my thought. You are working with a doctor on your weight and you are trying something new right now. I would stick with that. I feel too, that balanced meals would be better for your diabetes then replacement drinks. Replacement drinks are expensive and a lot of times the weight is gained back quickly when you get off of them. I know how you feel. Losing weight is hard me too. Hang in there with your healthy eating!