getting rid of 25 pounds

Options
Hey everyone! I've been reading a lot of the posts on here for the last 2 weeks or so. Finally doing my little introduction! I've attempted the whole watching what I eat and exercising about 4 or 5 times in the last 4 years (after I had my daughter). I was a stay at home mom taking care of my daughter and my disabled husband and just was too busy with them to take the time for myself. My husband and I divorced about 2 years ago and that threw me off once again. So I'm back at it now. I decided to start January 1st. Not at all as a New Year resolution, but to reach my goal before I take my daughter to the beach for the first time in May. I've started measuring out all of my food, eating more fruits and veggies, and logging them everyday. I've been walking on the treadmill about every other day 2-5 miles and days I don't do that I do Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I've almost lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks and I'm starting to feel better about myself. The most noticeable difference I've seen is the inches I've lost in my waist and hips (HORRAY!!) :)

I'm 26 years old 5'2 and 145 lbs. I'm looking to get rid of at least another 20 lbs and get toned back up..... I was known as having the best abs in high school... love to get those back! lol

Would love to find some friends on here for support and motivation!!

Replies

• tmuellenberg
    tmuellenberg Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I can imagine the stress of what was going on didn't help much, but sounds like you're on a good track now! Congrats on the success so far! My goal right now is to lose about 22 more pounds, so feel free to add me if you'd like support!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Amazing job so far! Keep it up! Feel free to add me as a friend for motivation. I'm also doing 30ds (level 1 day 6)
  • 04hoopsgal73
    04hoopsgal73 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I feel for the amount of stress you went through. It’s good you recognize what’s going on and getting back on track. You’re profile said this is your 4th try. Thirty years ago I looked at this as just a diet, too and not as a lifestyle. This is my 4th time, too. I’m 24 pounds form my GW.

The difference for me is this journey has become my life. This is me and who I want to be. I won’t look like I did thirty years ago but I certainly feel the vitality and have a positive outlook about myself and my life. It takes a mind set of willingness and want. You seem to have the discipline to make life changes when needed.

It’s wonderful you came here. So feel free to add me if you’d like support.
  • MissyBrears
    MissyBrears Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Good for you I am 5 2 and 147 and 47 years old. Have been back on MFP for about a week logging all my foods doing the 30 day shred on day # 8 and the treadmill. Have not seen any loss yet, but next week is going to be my week. So if you need a friend in about the same boot feel free to ad me. I try to be supportive as much as possible.