Sugar Over Goal Every Day

Options
Good morning al... I have a bit of a problem. Every day I log my food, my sugar consumption goes over the goal! This is so frustrating. I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I guess I am not as smart when it comes to food choices as I thought.

The ONE banana I packed for work today basically uses up the whole sugar allowance. Can anyone let me know what 'healthy' food I should avoid to cut back on hidden sugars?

I realise I have a huge problem with coffee which also contain sugar even if you don't add any. I am working on limiting my coffee intake.

I have only started logging my food again in the beginning of this week. I'll open up my diary for the guys who wants to have a look.

Thanks!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I don't even bother tracking sugar. I think I picked fiber instead. Unless you have a medical issue where sugar tracking is important I wouldn't worry about it - especially from fruit.
  • pmumble
    pmumble Posts: 19
    Options
    Just try to eat whole foods as much as possible. It's hard to go wrong. I'd only avoid processed sugar.
  • tryanother
    tryanother Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I wasn't sure if it would be a problem or not... I have insulin resistance and my sugar levels sometimes flies all over the place! When it drops suddenly during the day, I have to get something sweet into my body, so I try to eat fruit in stead of drinking a coke. I've been losing weight quite fast this week, so I am very pleased and the sugar has not made a difference.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about sugar in my fruit. I only try to watch granulated sugar in processed food or added to home cooked food.
  • catnorbury
    catnorbury Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am pretty much the same as i tend to take fruit to work as a snack rather than veggies, i think as long as you are not talking excessive amounts which i guess wouldnt be possible with your calorie goal, it should be fine, particularly if a lot of it is natural sugar
  • mytabouly
    mytabouly Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables so I don't bother tracking sugar. I track fibre instead as I think that's much more important for me to keep an eye on.