New Here--Need Calorie Counting

libragirl
libragirl Posts: 3
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone! I'm new here and excited about it because I can count calories and do it on my smart phone as well. I hope this will help. I'm really good about exercising, but not so much with eating....can't stand to count calories but I guess it's the only thing that works. How does everyone like the site so far?
I'd love to lose about 15 pounds...wish me luck!

libragirl

Replies

• Hey..
    Welcome...

15lbs - peanuts! ;)

You'll see how powerful it is using the diary... just try to get the food quantities right and add everything!
    People seem very friendly and helpful on this site, so... you could potentially lose the 15lbs in time for Xmas... Doh! hehe

Good Luck!! :)
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Welcome!! This site has really helped me with portion control. I exercise a lot but could never lose the weight and then a friend at the gym told me that it's about the diet. I still pretty much eat what I want which is the nice thing and I don't feel deprived, I just don't eat as much of it. Good Luck on your journey, we're all here for you.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome!
    And don't fret! If you don't want to count calories and weigh your foods forever, you don't have to. But, doing this for even a small amount of time will give you a good idea of what healthy portions should look like.

Good luck to you!
  • Thanks guys! Everyone is so helpful and supportive, I really appreciate it. jamie1888, you are probably right but I hope I quickly get used to fewer calories w/out feeling hungry and moody :)
This discussion has been closed.