Metformin, Sugar, and Weight Loss Question!

Options
Okay, so I've been on Metformin for about 2-3 years off and on for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) and was wondering if I should track my sugar on here or replace it with Fiber? I've been tracking it since I started this site (1-10-13) and I'm over every single day. My diary says 45g allowed for sugar although I try not to go outrageously over. I currently sit at 1700 cals as well, and have a hard time eating that amount without going WAY over everything else. :/ Any and all advice is appreciated, thanks!

Replies

• iset_the_fair
    iset_the_fair Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS and am on Metformin.
    I go over the sugar limit and I'm still losing :)
    My thoughts are when I get closer to my goal and/or plateau I will focus more attention on the macros/micros.
    Feel free to add me :)
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I, too, have PCOS and am on Metformin. I track Calories, Carbs, Protein, Fiber, Saturated Fats, and Sodium.

I don't worry about sugar.

I don't worry about fat because I eat A LOT of healthy fat.

Either of you may feel free to add me as well - always looking for other PCOS/Metformin ladies.
  • amosmoses88
    amosmoses88 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I just changed from tracking my sugar, and replaced it with fiber. I get tired of always going over sugar no matter what I eat.
  • amosmoses88
    amosmoses88 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Ps. I added both of ya's!
  • kaytiemarie1
    Options
    I'm also PCO and on Metformin. Feel free to add me if you like. Good luck! You can do it!