No matter how full, you make room for cheeseburgers

Options
Hello there, I shake you warmly by the hand.

This is my second time on myfitnesspal. Yes, like many I had lost my way. Too weak to save myself from myself. Too weak to understand I am wrong. Time and time again I try to eat right but in the end it falls, I fall.

The feeling I get is confusing. I can fill myself up on healthy foods but my stomach seems to leave a space for unhealthy foods like cheeseburgers. That part of the stomach will concur the rest of my stomach with the loud growls and constant hunger pains. Is it not only until I have something unhealthy that I am satisfied.

Is this just my mental state? Or can this be physiological.

I am back on the horse because I was unable to complete a fitness test recently and it cost me.

So there I have introduced myself.

Replies

• Arne_becomesxXx
    Arne_becomesxXx Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

Yes, there is a slightly problem with that junk stuff.....it makes you addicted to it!
    Therefor it´s created.
    It´s filled with all this chemicals, aroma, sugar.....so your mind stick at it after a while.

It´s a bad thing and a marketing thing. So it´s also a mental thing, not physical!

Start hating this stuff....hate what it has made of you! And then overcome that junk!
  • Miss_james1990
    Miss_james1990 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean!!! I could eat a huge meal and think mmm I now need chocolate!! Or I would force myself to finish mc Donald's due to it being mc Donald's!! I have recently started looking at calories in foods I've been notorious to binge on and it's scared the **** out of me so I won't be rushing for chocolate anytime soon!
  • snappled
    Options
    Yes maybe if I think of it as an addiction that will stop me from feeling this way. I don't like being addicted to anything so maybe this will help me.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    It's a mental thing. You can eat cheeseburgers on a regular basis, but make it count. Do the extra exercise, watch your calories for the rest of the day. You don't need to cut out your favorite foods, you simply need to have the more unhealthy ones in moderation.

Might even want to try making them smaller (when cooking at home), using leaner beef, or even try turkey burgers or black bean burgers. Add healthier toppings like guacamole, tomatoes, onions, and leaving off the pickles and condiments and cheese. Heck, try using lettuce instead of a bun.

When going out for a burger, do your research. There are several places I refuse to eat at anymore because I can get a better burger, calorie-wise, elsewhere.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    You can have that cheeseburger! Just fit it into your calories. If you feel like you're depriving yourself, then you're just going to set yourself up for failure. I've never eaten a cheeseburger before, but I personally LOVE burritos, so I make room for them and allow myself to eat one from this awesome little burrito place near my apartment once per month.
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean!!! I could eat a huge meal and think mmm I now need chocolate!! Or I would force myself to finish mc Donald's due to it being mc Donald's!! I have recently started looking at calories in foods I've been notorious to binge on and it's scared the **** out of me so I won't be rushing for chocolate anytime soon!

Girl try raw chocolate! It's more expensive, but better quality (so it lasts longer) and super low in calories, high in all the good stuff! :)
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    It's a mental thing. You can eat cheeseburgers on a regular basis, but make it count. Do the extra exercise, watch your calories for the rest of the day. You don't need to cut out your favorite foods, you simply need to have the more unhealthy ones in moderation.

Might even want to try making them smaller (when cooking at home), using leaner beef, or even try turkey burgers or black bean burgers. Add healthier toppings like guacamole, tomatoes, onions, and leaving off the pickles and condiments and cheese. Heck, try using lettuce instead of a bun.

When going out for a burger, do your research. There are several places I refuse to eat at anymore because I can get a better burger, calorie-wise, elsewhere.

Really excellent suggestions!