Good frozen veggies

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
If you have a Trader Joes near you, you must try the Harvest Hodgepodge frozen veggie blend. It has broccoli florets, julienne carrots, cut baby corn, water chestnuts, mushrooms, sugar snap peas, red peppers and onions. 3/4 a cup is 30 calories.

I also like a lot of the other frozen blends they have out in the grocery store right now. It makes it so easy and convenient.

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    If you have a Trader Joes near you, you must try the Harvest Hodgepodge frozen veggie blend. It has broccoli florets, julienne carrots, cut baby corn, water chestnuts, mushrooms, sugar snap peas, red peppers and onions. 3/4 a cup is 30 calories.

I also like a lot of the other frozen blends they have out in the grocery store right now. It makes it so easy and convenient.
  • Mineemart
    Mineemart Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have a Trader Joes near me...just opened about 2 months ago. I love that store. I tried their frozen tuna and loved it. So I went back and I bought a whole bunch of different types of frozen fresh fish (cutting down on meat). I found TJ's very, very reasonable in price. I never liked frozen fish but TJ's flash freezed tastes just like fresh fish bought from a fish store. I usually buy fresh vegetables, but will take your advice and keep a few bags on hand so that I'll have no excuse not to eat healthy. Thanks for the tip.
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Hey!

That's great! I am a TJ"s addict. I go there at least once a week if not more. I had the wasabi shrimp sushi roll for lunch today.

A few of my favorite TJ staples are:

Sour Cream and Onion Crisps (made with rice)
    Roasted Vegetable Enchiladas (300 for the whole tray, really good!)
    Southwest Turkey Burgers (frozen)
    Chili Lime Chicken Burgers (frozen)
    Southwest Style Gourmet Flatbreads
    Cinnamon Gourmet Flatbreads

I have read many times that frozen veggies are a good choice because they are frozen at their peak of freshness and retain the nutrients better...sometimes even more than fresh which sit on a truck for weeks before they get to the store. I don't know how accurate that is but I do eat fresh and always have frozen veggies around (never canned which have a lot of sodium). The Bird's Eye steamfresh blends are great too! The Asian Medley is wonderful.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

I wish we had one in Tennessee, but I just wonder around different stores in search for the goods I like....
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    lookie what I found....

Trader Joe's NC
    168,507 views - Public
    Created on Apr 20 - Updated Nov 29
    By erin r -
    5 ratings - 3 comments
    Trader Joe's Cary (741)
    1393 Kildaire Farm Rd Cary, NC 27511 Phone: (919) 465-5984 Trading Hours: 9 am - 9 pm
    1393 Kildaire Farm Rd
    Cary, NC 27511
    Phone: (919) 465-5984
    Trading Hours: 9 am - 9 pm

Trader Joe's S. Charlotte (742)
    6418 Rea Rd Charlotte, NC 28277 Phone: (704) 543-5249 Trading Hours: 9 am - 9 pm
    6418 Rea Rd
    Charlotte, NC 28277
    Phone: (704) 543-5249

Trader Joe's N. Charlotte (743)
    1820 E. Arbors Dr (corner of Mallard Creek Church Rd. and Senator Royall Pl) Charlotte, NC 28262 Phone: (704) 688-9578 Trading Hours: 9 am - 9 pm
    1820 E. Arbors Dr (corner of Mallard Creek Church Rd. and Senator Royall Pl)
    Charlotte, NC 28262
    Phone: (704) 688-9578

Trader Joe's Chapel Hill (745)
    1800 E Franklin St Chapel Hill, NC 27514 Phone

I am in Tennessee and am in NC 2-3 times a year....
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    omg trader joe's rocks!!!!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    omg trader joe's rocks!!!!

Yes, it does!!

Some people on here complain about the prices but I have only found them to be reasonable. SOME things are a little on the high side, like some meats, but not really any more than at another grocery store. But, all in all I can get a decent amount for lower prices.