Popcorn?

Options
If I ate 3 cups of a bag of popcorn that was 12.5 cups total. That would be a quarter of the bag right?

It says 94 calories, seems low.. plus i don't think a bag of popcorn is 12 cups.. I'm confused.

Replies

• Kevster75
    Options
    Cups are confusing... :)

If the popcorn doesn't have caramel or butter on it, then it is quite a healthy snack! :o)
  • farmgirlh
    Options
    If it was plain then that sounds about right. I buy the 100 calorie bags and they have 3-4 cups in them.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    The standard size microwave bags we average 10 cups which is about 150 cals a bag for the 94% fat free orvilee reddenbacher.. the 100 cal bags are actually not 100 cal, I usually maybe get 4 cups for them which at 15 cals a cup is only like 60 cals.

I eat popcorn every day!
  • John8188
    Options
    Yeah, i use the 100 cal ones. They are great for a real quick snack.
  • ChristyMomx3
    Options
    yeah this isnt the 100 calorie ones. This is the fattening Pop Weaver with extra butter. My son LOVES it so we buy a big box. My 2 year old wanted some so I fixed it and ate 3 cups. I only wanted 1 but she kept filling up my measuring cup. lol..
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    lol!! do you think your 2yr old would notice if you switched from the heavy butter one?:wink:
    and in answer to your question, yes..if it's a 12 cup bag, 3 cups would be 1/4 of it.