Not losing weight...

Options
I've been doing Focus T25 for 8 weeks now, staying within my 1550 calorie range and have only lost a few pounds. Any advice? I weighed 144 to start and go between 140 and 141 but want to get down about 133. Have only lost maybe 2 inches overall.

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Quit being impatient. The weight didn't go all on in 8 weeks (presumably) and it won't come all off in 8 weeks either. You've lost about 5 pounds,, and you're also losing inches, that's GREAT!! BE PATIENT. A *lot* of people say they don't lose a ton of weight on T25 or Insanity or whatnot but they do lose inches, which in my opinion is better anyway - no one but you and your doctor are going to know the number on the scale but EVERYONE is going to SEE that you look smaller. Don't put so much focus on the scale number.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    The title says you are not losing weight, but you've just said you've lost a few pounds? That's better than gaining and any loss is a feat. And why worry about the scales if you are losing such a significant amount of inches off of your body? That is amazing. Ditch the scales if they are getting you down, but to me you appear to be doing well. Keep up the hard work! :flowerforyou:
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    What a contradiction. The thread is called 'Not losing weight...' but you 'have only lost a few pounds'. Were the pounds from your purse?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    With only 14 lbs. to lose, .5 lb. per week is perfectly normal, much less 2 inches off your waist. You're not "not losing"

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're losing weight to me...
  • idontcarroll
    idontcarroll Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Only 2 inches? You should be jumping for joy, not pouting.

Slow and steady wins...yea all that jazz.
  • ginahoust
    Options
    Okay thanks!!! Should have said not enough ... I'm hard on myself and want it!! I will not get discouraged.. will keep pushing for optimal health.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    The closer you are to goal, the slower you lose. You're not doing anything wrong, that's just the way it is. Be patient, and keep up the great work.
  • Kriistabell
    Kriistabell Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Focus T25 for 8 weeks now, staying within my 1550 calorie range and have only lost a few pounds. Any advice? I weighed 144 to start and go between 140 and 141 but want to get down about 133. Have only lost maybe 2 inches overall.

2 inches is a LOT! I don't know how tall you are, but 140 sounds like a healthy weight for most athletic people. Also, notice that your goal is only an 11 pound weight loss - this tells me that you're not significantly overweight (if you are at all, I don't know). When you have less fat to lose, the pounds come off slower. The closer you get to your goal, the more difficult it is to reach it because your bmi will already be lower. Don't get discouraged, you will get to your goal. 2 inches in 8 weeks is a healthy pace that will benefit you. If you were losing much faster than that, you'd probably gain it all back when on a vacation week or something that you slack off.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I did all 10 weeks of T25 and lost a grand total of 5 lbs and 5.5 inches overall. The huge losses you see in the commercials are not the norm. You're doing great, don't get discouraged.
  • stevecarve01
    Options
    Lemon juice with warm water in early morning helps me to lose 20 lbs. I am feeling astonishing. Highly recommended!!
  • Kriistabell
    Kriistabell Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Lemon juice with warm water in early morning helps me to lose 20 lbs. I am feeling astonishing. Highly recommended!!

Along with tracking what you eat and exercising. Right?