Have You Ever Shopped in the Children's Dept

Options
LINIA
LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
Read an article today about how ' generous' the sizing is in many Kid's stores---if someone is kinda short and weight is in check, maybe you have items in your closet that you got at a bargain in size 14, 16 or 18----just wondering ( yes - have done this).

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/15/shop-kids-section_n_4596535.html?ref=topbar. ????????????????????

Replies

• groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Iv'e definitely bought Kids shoes…. boys tennies are wider than Women's !
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Ha! It is almost like you directed your question to me! LOL! No I never purposefully shop in the children's section because I find the inseam in the jeans and the length of the pants or sleeves just are not right... I am too tall! But the salesclerk at Old Navy has suggested (on more than one occasion) that if I want to find clothes in my size I look in children's. That said, when I thrift store shop I found I inadvertently picked up a few children's items that fit... too funny!

:laugh:
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", you don't have to be short!

I have never shopped for myself in the children's section for regular clothes, but sports jerseys, YES.
    The children's sizes are cheaper, and I only wear jerseys when I go to a game. Boys' size Large or XL fit like a dream.
  • LINIA
    Options
    I'm 5'8", you don't have to be short!

I have never shopped for myself in the children's section for regular clothes, but sports jerseys, YES.
    The children's sizes are cheaper, and I only wear jerseys when I go to a game. Boys' size Large or XL fit like a dream.

Sports Jerseys are about $10 cheaper--you're so right!!!!
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    I can get some shoes there. Much cheaper!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I get layering tank tops at Justice.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    My boys wear size M and L. I inadvertently put on a boys M tshirt once, and my wardrobe tripled that day! J/K , but I have been known to wear their hoodies. The sleeves fit like a 3/4 sleeve which I love. And sometimes I borrow basketball shorts.

I've always been too big for girls clothes, but my sister taught me when I was young to shop in the mens dept for essentials like tshirts, sweats, hoodies, etc.
  • LINIA
    Options
    I get layering tank tops at Justice.

JUSTICE - so true!

Justice carries amazing tops up to size 20, usually i wear sz 14 and the price for layering tanks is affordable.
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Guilty as charged!!! I share clothes with my 7 year old niece. LOL
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Yeah, when I was a child.
  • mistress8956
    mistress8956 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    My daughter (11) and my sis in law wear the same size clothes ( juniors 3 or girls 14/16) hey if u can fit into it properly then go for it! Def a whole lot cheaper
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    never intentionally shopped for kiddie clothes, but: one of my favorite items at this time is a vans zip-up hoodie which i'm sure was intended for a teen/tween boy (procured @ yard sale). it's the perfect liner for my leather jacket; i wear it almost every day. :love:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Lol, no.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty. I'm about the same height as a third grader.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i shop in the kids dept frequently. all my underwear is the hanes packs size 14/16. i used to wear a 16 in kids jeans but recently a size 12 have fit, as a i feel they are making them larger. i also buy my bras from the kids dept as they have cuter patterns and are cheaper. i love the kids dept! shoes don't fit me though i wear an 8 in woman's :[
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Agree with the sports jerseys comments - I get all my Red Sox jerseys in children's sizes. WAY CHEAPER! $30 XL in children's size or $50-$60 M in adult size? No question.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I did in high school.
    I had these awesome plaid capris from the girls department.

I couldn't ever buy pants there tho since regular inseam for women is too short for me lol
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    although maybe boys shoes would fit? anyone wear around an 8 in woman's and wear kids shoes?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Yes...when shopping for my wife's Seahawks football Jersey we ended up buying a youth XL for around $65 rather than $120 for the adult version.
  • Dugleik
    Dugleik Posts: 125
    Options
    Yes, mostly wool undershirts for winter, and plain t-shirts and tops. Kids version tend to be much cheaper for sizes that goes up to 164cm, and I'm 157cm.