Has anyone ever tried the 3 day military diet?

Options
Hey guys I just wanted to get your input if anyone has ever tried this diet or know of it. My younger sister brought it to my attention and it seems like something good to jump start a better eating habit. Opinions welcome :)

Replies

• Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Nope. If they fed us like this at boot camp we'd have been dead. Even the "overweight" folks were eating more food than that and healthier options.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    I did the 3-a-day chow hall diet. More calories for a much larger energy output during basic training,

Starting with a diet (and I mean this in the "what you eat is your diet" sense) that is sustainable for the long term (like the rest of your life long term) will quickly outperform any "kick start" diet loss you get. Most of the time you are just losing water weight without teaching you how to make real world food decisions.
  • Focusedjessy
    Focusedjessy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have done it a few times. The first time I lost 8lbs in the three days. But I gained half of it back even though I exercised and ate well the rest of the week. It's hard to do but I think it's a good jumpstart to a diet. When I lose motivation I sometimes do the diet to get me motivated again.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Any military trying to feed its soldiers like that would have a mutiny on its hands.
  • cassiemay501
    cassiemay501 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started using it in November and am down a total of 8 pounds. I find it helps me to make healthier choices on my days off. From not drinking pop during the 3 days I can now go 5 days without wanting a pop.
    The weight does fluctuate from the days but I go by the starting weight to what I weigh now and find it works. I wouldn't be able to do it as a lifelong eating habit....I can only stomach so much tuna or cottage cheese as a meal.