would you count this as exercise calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count it. I would just change my activity level.
    simple, to the point! LOVE IT!:laugh:

LOL. I'm not much for BSing people.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Since it's only an hour or so a day, I wouldn't change my activity level, and it could be counted.

I recommend a heart rate monitor so you can be certain you're not giving yourself too many calories.
  • lushy20
    lushy20 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for your input i have decided for now i will input it cuz i am absolutly drenched by time im finished.
    its not like every day housework i wouldnt count that unless im doin a big clean where im at it non stop.
    after a while i will just raise my activity level.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count it. I would just change my activity level.
    simple, to the point! LOVE IT!:laugh:

LOL. I'm not much for BSing people.
    Well, I'm glad you're here, you're what this board needs more of ......that's for sure! Not to knock anyone and not even particularly talking in regard to this thread, but many of us NEED to hear more tough love. As noone saying anything even ourselves (hello denial. lol) is what got many of us in this boat to begin with! I think a nice balance of loving support/tough love is a very helpful thing...sometimes on the internet it can be taken wrong unfortunately. Darn that emotionless keyboard:noway: :wink: :tongue:
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for your input i have decided for now i will input it cuz i am absolutly drenched by time im finished.
    its not like every day housework i wouldnt count that unless im doin a big clean where im at it non stop.
    after a while i will just raise my activity level.

If you really are going to count it, ensure you take off the amount of calories you would have burned had you just sat in the armchair, because if you don't you are adding double calories and overestimating your amount. If you are one of the people that eat your exercise calories, overestimating the cleaning calories will mean you go over your daily calorie count.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count it. Its not exercise. :smile: