Stressed over the scale?

Options
Anyone get so stressed over the scale that you can only weigh yourself a couple times a month? If I don't see a change it stresses me out for about 2 days. Am I the only one that's like this?

Replies

• lmd_1979
    lmd_1979 Posts: 130
    Options
    Yep which is why I also use a tape measure as well because it's not always about the scales.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I have given up weighing myself now - It changes all the time and then messes up with my head!

Everyone at the gym said I should just eat healthy, and keep doing what I am doing - Also building muscle its hard to see on the scales.

Its too stressful lol!!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Tape measure, monthly pictures for comparison & scale. The scale is last for a reason.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Yep which is why I also use a tape measure as well because it's not always about the scales.

This. Just this morning, I weighed 2 lbs heavier, but my hips are an inch smaller :bigsmile:
  • sshereta
    Options
    Yep, that's why I've vowed to only step on it for weekly weighins. Put it away and keep working your program. The stress may make you hold onto weight.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I use to be. But when I started seeing inches lost instead, I started relying on that. If I had to go by the scale, I would have given up months ago. Use a tape measure!! My weight fluctuates every day. I've "gained" 5lbs in a few days before. Which is impossible when I stayed in a deficit. Just ignore that stupid scale :flowerforyou:
  • ashzacher
    ashzacher Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    It stresses me out too - especially when I eat super clean and exercise daily, it can be such a downer. I have a rule for myself. I only weigh myself twice a week. Sunday mornings and Thursday mornings (because I'm usually the 'cleanest' eater during the week). I wake up, use the restroom, brush my teeth, strip down, and weigh myself. That way it's an attempt at consistency and I'm not compulsively checking the scale every morning and night! :)
  • zara1408
    Options
    Honestly you wont see much change if you weigh yourself too frequently, because your weight is always fluctuating (especially during different times of the day), so if you weigh yourself two days in a row, you wont see that much change. I weigh myself every week and at the same time of the day, I personally prefer weighing myself before breakfast. But i do understand how you feel, when I dont see change, it stresses me out and I begin to question why I even 'diet' if I'm not losing any weight, but everything takes time so I gotta be patient.
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Don't rely on the scale. It lies... 0.0
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say that I had power over the scale, but I don't. So I play little mind games like... I only get to step on the scale after 10 days of good workouts & eating. I kind of use it as an reward.
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Once a week is sufficient
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I measure myself and weigh myself once a month. The tape measure is my friend!:wink:
  • breeshabebe
    Options
    Same here... Last week was my first week restarting... so I was losing tons of water weight and it looked like I was losing a pound a day. Then, this week its been like .2 a day, and I had to do the math and tell myself that this was okayyyy lol and good losses! I am in a work competition to lose weight, so I want to be sure that what I am doing is working.. but I gotta chill out lol.
  • katjabbs
    Options
    Pick a weigh-in day and stick to it. Until that day comes, hide your scale! lol I'm learning to do this. If I didn't hide my scale 6 days a week, I'd go nuts with the day to day weight fluctuations.

29780786.png
  • steffipaulina
    Options
    Tape measure, monthly pictures for comparison & scale. The scale is last for a reason.

Monthly picture is a great idea! I'm going to start that! :)
  • page8040
    page8040 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yup. I was just getting down about this this morning, actually. I've been trying so hard and have been so honest with myself for the past week. I am set up to lose 1.5 lbs a week but I only lost 0.4 argggg. However, I have already lost 1.5" off my waist & 0.5" off my calves.
  • steffipaulina
    Options
    Yup. I was just getting down about this this morning, actually. I've been trying so hard and have been so honest with myself for the past week. I am set up to lose 1.5 lbs a week but I only lost 0.4 argggg. However, I have already lost 1.5" off my waist & 0.5" off my calves.

1.5 off your waist is amazing! I wiiish. Congrats! :)
  • ashleyinthecold
    ashleyinthecold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I weigh and measure on the 10th of every month. The scale can fluctuate based on so many different factors, but even KNOWING that, I can't NOT be bothered by what it says. During the month, I try to focus more on how I feel and what physical things I want to accomplish (heavier weights, longer run, etc). As long as you're doing the right thing, the weight is going to come off.
  • steffipaulina
    Options
    I weigh and measure on the 10th of every month. The scale can fluctuate based on so many different factors, but even KNOWING that, I can't NOT be bothered by what it says. During the month, I try to focus more on how I feel and what physical things I want to accomplish (heavier weights, longer run, etc). As long as you're doing the right thing, the weight is going to come off.

I like this idea as well because I always gain around TOM and it discourages me. So maybe after TOM, would be a good time?
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I weigh my self once a week and usually Weds or Thurs cuz thats when I started the site. Plus I do measurements once a month around the middle of the month as well but its my TOM so I know right now Im not going to lose anything inches or weight. My measurements are the same for my stomache but as long as I didnt gain in inches then I know its just water weight my body is holding onto