What's for lunch??

BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
BeautifulScarsWECHANGED Posts: 749 Member
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
I'm trying to be good and make healthy sandwiches for lunch rather than buy the usual Healthy Choice meal, but my sodium ends up higher this way. Any suggestions??? What do YOU eat for lunch?

Replies

• FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    1/2 whole wheat pita with grilled chicken breast and grilled veggies :)
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Feel free to check out my food diary. It's a bit boring now (only been here for 3 days) but I try to get in a ton of protein at lunch! I'll have ham and turkey sandwiches with some baked lays or a fresh salad mix (i like to mix spinach, ff feta, dried cranberries (or cherries) and walnuts or pecans).
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Today is 4oz pork tenderloin, 1/2c black beans, sauteed onions & peppers.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Apple Chicken Quesadillas, with BBQ Doritos, and a Pineapple parfait
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Almost without fail, here is my lunch: salad greens or spinach with grilled turkey or chicken breast (99% fat free, of course), and a homemade dressing consisting of fat free mayo mixed with mustard and rice vinegar. I cook a load of meat up ahead of time, portion it out into baggies and then I can just toss it on the salad.

You can still do sandwhichs though if that is your thing. I would look for chicken "tenders" or turkey "cutlets" as when these are grilled up they are a nice sandwhich sized piece of meat that you don't have to cut or anything.

SWEET picture by the way :)
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    I love to have grilled chicken always in my fridge. It makes for a very easy grab and go lunch, and I can add some fresh steamed veggies and cottage cheese to it. Granted I don't work, but when I did it was easy to grab that and go just as fast as a Healthy Choice.
  • SaraWo24
    SaraWo24 Posts: 192 Member
    I'm having a Roast Beef wrap:

1 Tumaro Low Carb multi-grain tortilla
    1 Laughing Cow Blue Cheese wedge
    2.5 ounces of lean deli roast beef
    1/2 cup mixed greens
    1/2 tomato
    1/4 diced avocado
    Salt and Pepper

Can't wait!!!

I'm also having a small apple.
  • baked potatoes with chili today for me :)
  • Not sure. We're going grocery shopping tomorrow and there isn't much in the fridge today. We may have to walk down to the little "grocery store" (that isn't much of a grocery store. That have nothing good (well nothing that's good FOR YOU) there.) and get either a microwave dinner or hot food (which is just food they have and sell, but the difference is they have already cooked it. I think they do it because the high school-ers get to go down there for lunch and its quick, cheap, and easy.
    Anyways. Whatever I end up having i'll try to make it as healthy as I can. Just like i've been doing the past week. After grocery shopping it will be a lot easier to actually eat right.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    I used to eat the frozen meals or sandwiches, but I'm trying to stay away from processed food and most bread and lunchmeat has a lot of sodium... so now I cook up some kind of protein on Sunday night (enough for all week) - usually ground turkey, chicken breasts or seitan, and I bring that to work for lunch with raw veggies (cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, sprouts, spinach) and will either eat it as a salad, or eat it in a wrap. Some weeks I'll use canned tuna instead, or if I run out of what I cooked on Sunday. If I do have the salad instead of the wrap, I'll usually add in 1/2 cup of beans to up the calories so that I'm eating 300-350 calories for lunch.

It's super quick, super easy and very delicious!
  • coolstacey6
    coolstacey6 Posts: 83 Member
    veggie patty with tomato out of the garden on whole wheat toast and small salad.
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    I usually have a soup cup (Dr. McDougall's makes low sodium vegan options, which are great), a bunch of watermelon and a low-calorie yogurt similar to Dannon's Light & Fit. I only get 30 minutes for lunch so it has to be something fast!
  • MrsSki
    MrsSki Posts: 196
    I eat a toasted ham and cheese or turkey and cheese sandwich with a little mustard. Side salad with lite dressing, and a piece of fruit. Clementines, apples, peaches, bananas, whatever I have around the house.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Organic ham and organic cheddar with lettuce, tomato, red onion, vegan mayo, spicy mustard on Nature's Own double fiber whole wheat bread + a side of tabasco peppers.
  • bevkaysmith
    bevkaysmith Posts: 32 Member
    Normaly I cook extra at supper so we(me and my husband) can have something it the next day or 2.
    Wed and Sun nite we are at church, so I do not cook. Today we will have 2 tomato sandwiches with wheat thins.
  • Chopped salad and tortilla soup from Corner Bakery. It's surprisingly filling.
  • vencellia
    vencellia Posts: 89 Member
    Lunch for me is a Think Thin protein bar and some fruit!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Today was quorn chilli with veg....Im going away tomorrow and so used up what I had....found the quorn mince buried in the freezer and within 10 mins had a healthy lunch :)
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    today I had a huge salad with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, spring onion, feta cheese and Paul Newman's light balsamic dressing, 2 slices of fresh pineapple, a banana and half an apple (my son had the other half in his lunch bag). I also had a rhubarb yoghurt.
  • Fit4Penny
    Fit4Penny Posts: 75 Member
    Lunch for me is usually a huge salad....baby spinach or romaine lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes and then I throw in different things....for BBQ chicken salad I would add chicken breast, black beans, corn and 1T of BBQ sauce and 1T light ranch.....for Greek salad I would add chicken breast, reduced fat feta, banana peppers and light balsamic dressing...for a chef type salad I would add turkey breast, fat free cheese, 1 slice of crumbled up center cut bacon and ranch dressing.
This discussion has been closed.