Dinner?

Options
What do you usually fix for dinner? I want to fix for everyone in my family and have smaller portions but I run out of stuff to fix. Not to mention I'm from the south where almost everything is fried.

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, you can check it out, I have 2 biggest loser cookbooks and a taste ofhome cookbook we use
  • hawaiibound
    Options
    last night i made the best dinner ever lol
    * Salt and pepper
    * 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
    * One 1-inch piece fresh ginger, grated
    * 2 large cloves garlic, grated
    * About 1/4 cup tamari (dark soy sauce)
    * About 3 tablespoons honey or agave syrup (eyeball it)
    * 2 tablespoons tomato paste
    * About 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (a couple of healthy splashes)
    * 1 tablespoon sesame oil
    * 1 teaspoon hot sauce, such as sriracha, plus more to pass around the table
    * 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    * 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thigh meat, chicken breast meat or thin-cut boneless pork chops, cut into thin strips
    * 1/4 small cabbage, very thinly shredded
    * 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced or chopped
    * 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
    * Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish

Directions:

Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain.

While the pasta is working, using a blender or food processor, combine a splash of the boiling water (before you add salt), the ginger, garlic, tamari, honey (or agave), tomato paste, vinegar, sesame oil and hot sauce until smooth.

Get all of the remaining ingredients ready for a quick stir-fry. In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over high heat. Add the chicken or pork and stirfry until browned, about 3 minutes. Add the cabbage and bell pepper and stir-fry for 2 minutes, then add the scallions and ginger sauce and toss for 1 minute. Pour over the drained noodles and top with the sesame seeds. Pass more hot sauce around the table.

*****I made this for dinner and my kids and hubby LOVED IT! And I also added zucchini and extra cabbage....so tasty!
    Nutritional Info

* Servings Per Recipe: 6
    * Amount Per Serving
    * Calories: 296.8

* Total Fat: 8.8 g
    * Cholesterol: 45.6 mg
    * Sodium: 195.2 mg
    * Total Carbs: 35.8 g
    * Dietary Fiber: 4.9 g
    * Protein: 23.8 g
  • ChristyMomx3
    Options
    My diary is open, you can check it out, I have 2 biggest loser cookbooks and a taste ofhome cookbook we use

Awesome. I'm going to check it out now.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You can also check out mine. It is really difficult sometimes to make the whole family happy, and I also was born and raised in the South, so I understand your dilemma. There are times I make the family happy and give them what they want, then there are the others that they are scared to eat healthy.
    You are more than welcome to look at my diary.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,004 Member
    Options
    I like to make chicken terriyaki bowls, YUM, and also burritos using ground turkey, black beans, corn and cilantro