Low Carb easy meal ideas and snacks

I'm looking for ideas for easy meals and snacks that are low carb. I'm trying to stick to under 30 carbs a day. Please share. Thanks!

Replies

• ashzacher
    ashzacher Posts: 114 Member
    Following because I would like to know some too!

I don't know how low carb this is, but I love Larabars. They're a go-to snack for me and most are under 200 calories. They are entirely dried fruit and nuts. Not processed, they're organic, and they don't have wheat/flour/oats in them. I love veggies and hummus, egg whites and salsa, and nuts also.
  • ashzacher
    Also - I love using broccoli slaw or spaghetti squash as a pasta substitute!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Meat and veggies for meals. Just skip the rice, potatoes, pasta, bread, etc.
    - grilled salmon and roasted brussel sprouts
    - roast chicken and mashed cauliflower and turnips with mushroom gravy
    - chili
    - beef stew
    - pork chops and spaghetti squash with pesto
    - The possiblities are endless.

Snacks - nuts, seeds, veggie sticks, boiled or deviled eggs, canned seafood (tuna, salmon, sardines, etc.), edamame, V8, hummus and veggie sticks
  • ashzacher
    Lettuce as a wrap - for turkey tacos, tuna salad, chicken salad, buffalo chicken.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    I'm looking for ideas for easy meals and snacks that are low carb. I'm trying to stick to under 30 carbs a day. Please share. Thanks!

Maybe I am boring...............

I snack on boiled eggs, chicken salad, cut up vegetables with ranch dip, home made pepperoni with bits of sliced cheese............
  • veggies, turkey sticks(old wisconsin), beef jerky(just watch the sugars & carbs) eggs, cheese for sure, i know cheese is hi in fat and calories, but sooooo good.
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Black and/or green olives, full fat cheeses, lunch meats, veggies and full fat creamy dressings like ranch or blue cheese, almonds (even some of the flavored ones are very low carb), avacados, dill pickles, hard boiled eggs, deviled eggs made with mayo, dill pickle relish, mustard, salt and pepper.

Dinners are usually just meat and a veggie. My husband and I eat brats (watch the packaging...some have grain fillers), hamburger steaks (hamburger without the bun), pork chops, roasted chicken, chicken legs, pork tenderloin, etc. If you get tired of meat and vegetables, try mixing up different cream and cheese sauces.

Also check out this site for more ideas: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    watch the sodium in the lunch meats and pickles. For snacks I mostly do cheese and nuts, but pork rinds are a good one if you need something chip like.

Meals- eggs and sausage and coffee with heavy cream for breakfast- almost zero carbs depending on the sausage.
    big salad with poached chicken or a can of tuna on top and olive oil with balsamic vinegar or a good blue cheese dressing for lunch
    a big hunk of meat/poultry/fish and a giant serving of a high fiber veggie like cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, etc for dinner.
  • jennibear22
    jennibear22 Posts: 95 Member
    I like to snack on oilves and cheese.

For meals I tend to stick to chicken, beef, bacon and adding a few vegetables and full fat mayonnaise. Low fat stuff has way more carbs so avoid it.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    chicken stuffed with spinach and goat cheese
    Sauted onions, mushrooms and shrimp on a bed of spaghetti squash with tons of garlic
    Chicken cesar salad with rene's 1/2 the fat dressing (it's dairy free, not because it's 1/2 the fat)
    Porkchops with tons of spices with steamed broccoli and cauliflower
    steamed broccoli slaw with hamburger and tons of spices
    Fried eggs with extra virgin olive oil and hot sauce (and of course BACON)
    Home made soups with tons of veggies
    chili
    stew (minus the potatoes)

Snacks:

pepperoni sticks or beef jerkey
    fresh veggies raw and rene's cucumber and dill dressing
    full fat mayo slathered on tomato slices
    avacado
    almonds
    black olives, or the green ones stuffed with almond slivers

I eat under 100g of carbs a day, so I allow for baby potatoes, a bagel and fried eggs after a wicked burn, and croutons in my salads.
  • New to low carb
  • slice pieces of cheese and stick em in the oven at 400 degrees for a few minutes. Add herbs if you'd like. I have done this with pepperjack, parmesan, and cheddar. I love cheeze its so I had to find some sort of replacement. I also make these if I want to eat some food that I'd normally eat with tortillas or tortilla chips.
  • CatAMcC
    CatAMcC Posts: 166 Member
    bumping due to some fab ideas here!!
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Meat. Some Veggies. Maybe and egg or two. Water.
  • GinNJuice75
    GinNJuice75 Posts: 186 Member
    The cheese crisps are a really good idea. I have been doing that lately for snacks. I also do pepperoni chips with a bit of mustard. Devilled eggs are always good, for something a little sweet i do fat bombs. *search google there are a lot of recipes there* Or i just use 6 tablespoon coconut oil, 2 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon cocoa powder and some sweetener to taste. Course i know sounds like a lot of at but its healthy fats ;-) (I do low carb high fat diet anyways)

Low carb stuffed peppers are good, or sloppy joes *no bun of course* ...perhaps the fathead crust pizza~ Which is the best pizza crust i have ever tasted even more so then the *normal* flour kind