Heart Rate Monitors

alanmonks
alanmonks Posts: 115 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Polar FT4 vs. Polar FT7

Hey all,

Please advise me on which one to buy? Ive done a bit of research on the 2 HRM above and they seem fairly similar apart from price.
Has anyone used the above and can you give me some advice?

Replies

• FT4 will interfere with other people working out in the gym, or so I have heard.

Check this one out.....Polar RS300X SD
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    I have a Polar FT7 and I love it, I would recommend it. Make sure you get one that is coded, I dont know if the FT4 is or not from other poster
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    I just ordered my first HRM and got the Polar ft7. Like the other posters said, the ft4 will interfere with other watch frequencies. I was told it is definately worth paying the extra bucks for the ft7.
  • I have a cheapo Pro-Form. I really like it but will upgrade to a Garmin or Timex of some sort when other priorities are out of the way. They are really handy gadgets. People swear by the Polars so you will be o.k.
  • alanmonks
    I have a Polar FT7 and I love it, I would recommend it. Make sure you get one that is coded, I dont know if the FT4 is or not from other poster

what you mwan by coding?
  • I have a Polar FT7 and I love it, I would recommend it. Make sure you get one that is coded, I dont know if the FT4 is or not from other poster

what you mwan by coding?

Like garage door openers. The controller and the motor speak on the same frequency -- you can't open your neighbor's garage with your garage's controller (usually).

If the HRM doesn't have its own unique RF signal it can scramble or be scrambled by other HRMs in the room -- you won't get accurate readings on whatever machine you're using.
  • One thing to think about. I have a machine that has a heart rate read out. It is able to read the signal from my strap. This is very handy to me. It is my home so i don't have any interference problems, if I worked out at a gym or with a group it would be an issue. So, ask yourself, "Where am I gonna use this thing?" Make the best choice you can. You are going to love an HRM. When I buy stuff I buy as much as I can afford and am usually pretty happy.
  • alanmonks
    Nice one everyone. I workout mainly outside as I am not a member of a gym so I dont think I need to worry about interference. Now i just have to go out and get one I guess!!!
This discussion has been closed.