30 Day Shred

Options
I just started the 30 day shred! Is anyone else doing it? I'm trying to get fit and toned by March for a trip I'm going on!

Replies

• jmalek
    jmalek Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday! 2 days down...28 to go haha. I'm hoping I can stay motivated to stick with it!
  • bnm1979
    bnm1979 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just started. 2 days down!
    Y'all add me ????
    Wife and Mom of two beautiful girls, 6 & 2 plus work full time
    I have lost 60# and maintained for 3 months
    Now looking to lose 20+ more and tone up!
  • jilldysaurus
    Options
    I've done 30 Day Shred on two different occasions! It's definitely great for building muscle - it's amazing how much stronger I felt even after a couple days. My advice would be to really focus on how short it is. 20 minutes? You can totally push through that! More lunges!
  • Gingerspice45
    Gingerspice45 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I just started it too. I just did day two today. I'm having a hard time with it but I definitely feel stronger since I started.
  • rennacoco
    Options
    in the past, i've done the first level of the 30ds, but never made it past that. once my stamina has increased a bit (probably in a couple weeks) i'm going to try to complete all 30 days. right now i'm adding it in to my regular exercise routine once a week or once every couple of weeks.
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    on day 11 level 2 and its killer!
  • sgrmag99
    sgrmag99 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've done the shred a couple times, and have gotten great results. Both times I quit when I was happy with how I looked, and then blew it… so I'm doing it again, but this time I'm sprinkling in the T25 workouts for the cardio aspect. I suck at cardio. At 45 I really struggle to get through T25 but it feels great to survive Shawn T's workouts. I'm only on my second week, and I've gained a few pounds which is irritating, but I'm trying to remain focused on the end result - muscles and strength. I joined yoga today, so I'm going to get that in there too. I have a trip in Feb, and summer is coming. I want to be in shape this summer. Last year I was flabby and it bugged me. Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I am on it ...Level 1 Day 8...its a challenge and tough, but a good workout for me. You get great results if you keep in a calorie deficit, that is if you want to lowe weight, I have actually gained, probably because my muscles are sore and retaining fluid.
  • JCLondonUK
    Options
    Started today. Hard work! Has to pay off though :-)
  • princesskila
    princesskila Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Started today. Was doing another routine for the last 10 days until my FitBit bracelet broke :( Figured I'll do this instead. I also just signed up for this site since I now have no other way to track my goals. Looks like a great community.
  • MizzTweezy
    MizzTweezy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My second time doing it . Day 3 finished for me. It does really make you stronger. By the end of just level 1 I was up to par with the fast girl :) It gets easier, Level 2 I really enjoyed the change and it amazed me on how much I was capable of. Level 3 I thought I was going to die. I made part of it, but was shy of the 30 days.... Hoping this time I can do it.. Also it is a good workout even to do every few days, even if you complete it.
  • KateEMD
    KateEMD Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I finished it at the beginning of this week but I could be support. I love the 30DS. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    i have a group if you chickies want to join.. im starting day 2.. we can start a thread for the shred if you like and support each other while Jill shreds us

anyone up for it? im working on my last 30 pounds..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/18785-motivation-support-and-accountability
  • Jlakron86
    Options
    I just started it yesterday after work, then working out this morning. Its going to be a nice mixup of what I am doing now. I also bought the biggest loser workout for Xbox. Hopefully I will see a change because my thighs and upper body felt it all day today! The only thing I am afraid is that if I do it tomorrow that will I be over doing it with being still sore. I don't want to injure myself but I feel good after I do it. Any thoughts?
  • fe_nyx
    fe_nyx Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I did day 6 of level 1 this morning, and I managed to finish it all for the first time :) The first 3 days were the worst by far. I wish I hadn't looked ahead to see what the next 2 levels are like though, I'm scared of all the planking....
  • BrookeonaMission
    Options
    Im pretty new to all this. what is the 30 day shred?
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    It is a fitness video found at all stores. Do it just so you can so say you have. Trust me, I was puzzled when I first joined. It is very confusing. If you can get over the learning bumps it will be a positive experience. Welcome to MFP!
  • BrookeonaMission
    Options
    Thank you, i'll have to check it out!
  • duffgurl
    duffgurl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I started today as well and I am glad to say I did it. We should keep this thread going for check ins ☺
  • LynneW1983
    LynneW1983 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    How is everyone getting on with shred. I am on day one. Love it.