Breakfast Ideas

Options
I am on the hunt for some good breakfast recipes. In particular, one that are low in fat and can be eaten while driving :) I have always had breakfast sandwiches before, but by the time I use egg, cheese, and some type of additional protein, I'm almost to half my fat for the whole day. I am NOT a fan of egg whites ... it's a texture thing. Any great ideas out there you are using?

Replies

• healthynut2014a
    Options
    what is the amount of fat you allow yourself to have ...
    may i ask ?
  • healthynut2014a
    Options
    i am just curious --
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    what is the amount of fat you allow yourself to have ...
    may i ask ?

^ I 2nd this. I'm guessing your fat goal is low in that case. There's nothing wrong with fat...
  • intotheairwaves
    Options
    I made these omelet muffins on Sunday for my boyfriend and I this week and they are great!! I used egg whites instead of the whole egg and they're super easy to eat white driving. I just pop one in the microwave before I walk out the door!

http://laurenconrad.com/blog/post/good-eats-3-busy-girl-breakfasts-overnight-oats-green-smoothie-allison-norton-2013
  • healthynut2014a
    Options
    Well I am not sure this is a good breakfast

i sure was full - I had 3/4 all bran buds wih 1cup skim milk
    sillhoutte _ small yogurts i had fig -- but you can get them in green apple, orange, blueberry, tropical fruit, coconut
    and with that cereal I had a cup of blueberries --
    it was filing for me --
  • ccmzone2013
    ccmzone2013 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    thanks for the tips :)
  • aadhyasiddhi
    Options
    You can make sandwich with spreading the butter on bread then keep the slices of cucumber,and boiled egg or make omelette keep with bread ,when you go out side you can eat it with sauce.
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Have been making overnight oats a lot lately, but I also love:

bagels with cream cheese
    greek-style plain yogurt with some peanut butter and honey (could probably eat while driving)
    hot oatmeal (same as above)

Breakfast bars/protien bars and shakes are also a great way to get in some good nutrients.
  • Vick53
    Vick53 Posts: 15
    Options
    My Dad's Porridge

Wouldn't be good to eat while commuting but quick to prepare, hearty and tastes good. Lots of variations possible (change up the nuts, seeds, dried fruit, and fresh fruit). Can easily be multiplied for more or larger servings.

1/2 cup oatmeal (Any variation - quick oats,steel cut, rolled etc. Might have to nuke longer for some)
    3 dates, cut up
    2 walnuts, chopped (you could omit if you really don't want the fat but that would be a shame)
    2/3 cup applesauce or a chopped apple
    1 and 1/2 cup water
    Sprinkle (or more, to taste) of cinnamon and/or brown sugar.

Microwave in single serving bowl for 3 minutes. Stir.
    Pour 1/2 cup (or more) of milk on top (or you could use Greek yogurt for higher protein) and eat with a spoon.

One serving. 410 calories per MFP database.

This is comfort food. Keeps me going all morning.