Restaurants that provide nutritional information?

Options
cpede
cpede Posts: 10 Member
I'm looking for restaurants that provide nutritional information. Fast food places usually do, but I only purchase salads at fast food joints. I want a little variety without having to guess at the calorie content. Anyone have some suggestions for national chains that provide nutritional information? Where do you like to go?

Replies

• twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Most places do-just start looking into your favorite restaurants and go from there :)
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Go to a website of almost any restaurant that is a chain and you will find a link for nutrition info whether it is under the menu or something like that

I would love to live in NY where the calories are on EVERYTHING!
  • nomorebigdaddyo
    Options
    I know Applebees has a selection of under 500 calorie meals. They are quite good and a lot of food.
  • Dreya711
    Dreya711 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I use an app on my phone called "Restaurant Nutrition".
  • DaisyGrammy
    DaisyGrammy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Here is a great website with many restaurants on it!

http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html

Hope this helps! I always look at their nutritional pages 1st, and then chose what I'm going to eat when I go there and log it before I even go...that way I go and I know what I will be eating and that it will fit into my lifestyle!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I know Applebees has a selection of under 500 calorie meals. They are quite good and a lot of food.

Gack - so much sodium in Applebee's.
    And low quality food.

Chili's
    Ruby Tuesday's
    Applebee's
    Longhorn's
    Buffalo Wild Wings
    etc

Honestly, guesstimate and go to a locally own restaurant.
    The food will be of higher quality (usually) and less sodium (also usually).
    Plus supporting your local businesses is awesome!
  • maanders
    maanders Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Most chain-type restuarants will have their nutritional information on their websites. But there is an app for that. :) I use HealthyOut Healthy Meal Finder. Or try this website...http://www.healthydiningfinder.com/
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

And low quality food.

Chili's
    Ruby Tuesday's
    Applebee's
    Longhorn's
    Buffalo Wild Wings
    etc

I agree. I just log the individual ingredients when I can. Then I usually add 100-200 quick add calories for things like butter and oil that are probably more than I account for.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    National chains often have nutrition information on their websites. It can be hard to find. I usually eat at non-chain restaurants, but I'll often log a chain restaurant equivalent rather than blindly guess.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I tend to get burned out on salads after a while. I was surprised that there are many items in the 350 to 450 range at fast food restaurants. No fries and unsweet tea and a wrap or chicken breast sandwich will usually hit the mark. Of course on the nutrition side I don't expect much.
  • vanillabananas
    vanillabananas Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    http://www.nutritionix.com/restaurants

This website has nutritional information for a whole bunch of restaurants and even food brands. Some of the restaurants even have food calculators to calculate your custom meals! :)
  • cpede
    cpede Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! We usually eat at non-chain restaurants because we have so many amazing ones where I live. But, lately I've found myself just choosing to not go out rather than have to guess and get it wrong. The diet won't last forever, so we'll go back to our favorite places at some point. For now, though, I'll give those websites and restaurants a try to get my going out fix without busting the diet.
  • train_01
    train_01 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I love Chipotle and they have their nutrition info on the website. :)
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

And low quality food.

Chili's
    Ruby Tuesday's
    Applebee's
    Longhorn's
    Buffalo Wild Wings
    etc

I'm really not trying to be a pain in the *kitten* (which means I am being one, I know).

But, you really have no idea what is in the local restaurant's food. They use canned, frozen, bulk-ordered ingredients just like the national chains. They season their dishes to the general public's taste just like the chains. Unless you're going somewhere where there is a noticeable increase in food quality that you can see and taste (say, all of the produce is really ripe and the meat is clearly higher grade indicating their ingredients are fresher/sourced better), I wouldn't make any assumptions on sodium content.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    http://www.nutritionix.com/restaurants

This website has nutritional information for a whole bunch of restaurants and even food brands. Some of the restaurants even have food calculators to calculate your custom meals! :)

Just bookmarked this-thanks!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Add Olive Garden and Subway to your list. We have two local Asian restaurants that will cook to order if asked. DH has asked for no added sodium and gets wonderful food from the Chinese place. I have asked for low spice and have had wonderful results from the Thai place. Neither posts nutritional information. When traveling I like to go places I can trust. Subway is a good road stop. The food is fresh and predictable. Olive Garden is a good place for a celebration meal with friends because I know I can meet my needs. I understand that Outback Steak House is also good about nutritional information but there is none close and I haven't tried them.
  • scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I use an app on my phone called "Restaurant Nutrition".

I use the same app. And most websites will have nutritional information. If they don't, then I'd probably steer clear.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options

They may be under 500 cals, but take a gander at the sodium content. Applebee's is one of the worst for it.
    I'm gonna have to do my research for Sunday, as we're going there for a family birthday.
  • krouse83
    krouse83 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Almost every restaurant chain has nutritional information online. Just plan and look online at the counts before you go to the restaurant so that why you exactly what you want!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    The Chipotle in my town has every items calorie content right next to the item on the giant menu. You can see exactly what everything is. It's nice.