1200 calorie daily intake & walking ... Not losing HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• Danik75
    Danik75 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I know you mentioned that your diary isnt fully filled out, but for the coffee creamer. Did you really only drink 1 tablespoon? If you like your coffee with little flavor then I can understand that are you sure it was only 1 tbs?

Yep just 1 used a measuring spoon & all. I don't use very much creamer
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    as a few have said, eat more. with the exercise you are doing you are going into starvation mode, where your body is hoarding calories.

figure out your BMR Basal metabolic rate (you can find calculators online).. this is the # of calories you need to eat to stay exactly the same.
    If you eat those calories + add the exercise, you absolutely will lose weight

BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is roughly the number of calories your body expends keeping your organs alive, pumping blood, etc. It's the number of calories you'd burn in a coma.

Perhaps you have it confused with TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure). This is the total number of calories your body burns in a day, including going to work, sitting on the couch, and your exercise. It's also the number of calories you could eat in a day to maintain your weight. Anything below your TDEE and you should lose weight (assuming you have an accurate estimate of your TDEE and are tracking food & exercise accurately, of course).
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I know you mentioned that your diary isnt fully filled out, but for the coffee creamer. Did you really only drink 1 tablespoon? If you like your coffee with little flavor then I can understand that are you sure it was only 1 tbs?

Oh ok...Eeek I need at least 3 tablespoons lol
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I know I haven't been eating more, some days I barely eat at all. I have not been eating back my calories from exercising. I log 1200 or under.

If you are gaining weight it isn't because you are eating less, it's because you are eating more then you think!!! JS

See Link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    There are not many meals logged in your diary, but it looks like you eat very little during the day and then have a large dinner at night. It also looks like you are eating a lot of carbs and not as much protein. I know that for me, personally, eating that many carbs would make me bloated. Maybe try balancing your carbs/fats/protein and also spacing out your food more during the day instead of one large meal. If I don't eat enough earlier in the day I am starving by dinnertime and likely to eat more.
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Also, if you just had a baby you are still going through a lot of hormonal fluctuations. I know my weight loss after having kids was all over the place for the first few months.
  • Danik75
    Options

Oh ok...Eeek I need at least 3 tablespoons lo

Lol I use to have to have more flavor than coffee! I've slowly headed towards straight black coffee which I never thought I would do
  • Danik75
    Options
    Also, if you just had a baby you are still going through a lot of hormonal fluctuations. I know my weight loss after having kids was all over the place for the first few months.

I did he will be 12 weeks old tmw. When I had my other 2 once it started coming off I was able to get back to myself fairly quickly. With him I lost 15-20 right away & now I'm just 10 pounds under what I weighed when I had him.
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options

Oh ok...Eeek I need at least 3 tablespoons lo

Lol I use to have to have more flavor than coffee! I've slowly headed towards straight black coffee which I never thought I would do

Yea...I know I cut back alot. My youngest wasnt sleeping thru the night til a year ago which she was 22 months old so many many sleepless nights so coffee ruled my day
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks I'm trying to keep up w/ everyone's replies. Once I had my son within 2-3 weeks I was down to 145, then I started having a ton of pain in my abs. I was diagnosed with torn an muscles all along my left side & put on bed rest. I was on bed rest from Thanksgiving until the 9th of Jan. where since I'm still having pain I was cleared to walk. I count every calorie I intake & this method along with a more intense work out has always worked no problem. I do measure all foods
    Are you saying you've been at it a week?
  • lorrainerooney72
    Options
    I gained weight after having my son and it was due to my thyroid (hypothyroidism). A simple blood test confirmed an under-active thyroid gland, the doctor put me on the correct medication and I began to lose weight.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    First, you just had a baby a few weeks ago and that wreaks havoc on your body. Just because you were able to get the weight off quickly with previous pregnancies doesn't mean that will automatically happen with this one (been there, done that with, also with my third :grumble: ).

Second, you've just come off of bed rest. Also been there, done that (blood clot in my case), and that can also wreak havoc. Start fresh now-start keeping a closer eye on portion sizes, keep an accurate food diary and stay within your allotted calories. Which, I'm pretty sure you have set too low right now-you should be eating a minimum of 1,200 PLUS exercise calories added in. So if you walk a couple miles and burn 100 calories, then you need to eat 1,300 calories etc. With a bit of adjusting, and time, you'll be on your way :smile:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You said you are gaining... what do you mean? It's impossible that you'd gain with such a diet. Unless you're not logging properly... You say that you measure your food, but do you weigh it? It could make a big difference.

You should be able to lose weight eating 1600 easily, so it makes no sense.