platue

betty20
betty20 Posts: 4
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
SO i lost 20 pounds 3 months ago and havent lost anything since!! I know part of it is my fault, I need to get back my motivation! suggestions!?

Replies

• I would say look at why you started this weight loss journey to begin with, ask yourself if you've met the goals you put out to do. We all need a reminder of what we are reaching for from time to time. Maybe stepping on the scale might do it. If the numbers are not where you want them to be then step it up a notch. Sometimes looking at yourself in the mirror helps, at least with me it does. I will not be satisfied until i'm happy with what i'm looking at. Good Luck to you!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    try changing things up, write your goals down and make small goals. Sometimes it is easier to concentrate on loosing 10 or 5 lbs at a time, it doesnt seem so overwhelming. And keep track of your food and exercise daily. Maybe buy a new work out dvd, join the gym, hike, do something different that sounds fun... I hope this helps. You can do it
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    To break a plateau you must try the following:

1: increase or decrease your exercise. If you're burning 900+ calories per workout then you may want to decrease.
    2: Increase or decrease your food intake by 200 calories. Our bodies tend to go into survival mode if our calories are too low. i personally think that any one on 1200 calories that exercises 6 days a week needs to eat more.
    3: try exercises, many people diet while being sedentary. We need to boost our metabolism, not shut it down.
    4: try a different exercise. Many people go to the gym and get on a bike. They're busy reading a book or talking on their cell phone. It is recommended to change things up and get off the phone.
This discussion has been closed.