how do you log chopped salads

Options
I just got back from the deli and it was make your own salad.

I had Romain
Chicken
Feta
Beets
Carrots
Candied walnuts
Corn
Peppers
Chipolte Ranch Dressing

How would I account for all of this? Do I just manually guess at a number of calories for my lunch and manually enter it? Any other suggestions?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You'd log the lettuce, and then log the chicken, and then log the feta, etc... Why would you guess on calories when all those items are in the database? You might have to use your best guess on amounts but it will get you pretty close.
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Log individually once, and then save as a "meal" and if you get just about the same thing each time you can just add the item over and over again.
  • OmegaGator
    OmegaGator Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Log individually once, and then save as a "meal" and if you get just about the same thing each time you can just add the item over and over again.

Best way!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You'd log the lettuce, and then log the chicken, and then log the feta, etc... Why would you guess on calories when all those items are in the database? You might have to use your best guess on amounts but it will get you pretty close.

Weigh each thing before you chop it and if you eat the whole thing you know what you ate of each, if you don't eat it all, also weigh it before you start eating, then what is left and work out the % that you ate and apply that to all the individual ingredients.