Anybody else get bored super easily?

Options
I have a gym membership, a stationary bike, an exercise step, 2 Wii games & a library of workout videos. I search youtube for new workouts at least twice a week. I can't do the same workout for more than a day. I started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and did 6 days. Then I was *dreading* the workout, even though it's only 27 minutes long. Ug. Anybody else have the same problem?

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite as bad as you, but yes I get bored quickly. :smile: That's why I love working with my trainer. I meet with her Monday nights, she tells me what to do & it keeps me motivated for the rest of the week. It's something different every week so I never know what we'll be doing.

I will also try a new class when I feel I need to change it up a bit. I might not love it, but I tried something new and it may give me some new ideas for my own workouts. I never do the same workout two days in a row on my own. I use a lot of the same exercises, but I do them in different orders. Sometimes I'll do intervals, sometimes I'll count reps - it's whatever I feel like doing that day.

Maybe setting a short-term specific fitness goal will help? If you're working toward something it may keep you more interested.