Parmesan Roasted Green Beans

Options
2»

Replies

• darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    sounds lovely. wish I'd found them when I bought the green beans that I left to rot because i could never think of a way to make them more yummy.:tongue:
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    yes please!!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Ingredients:

1 + lbs fresh green beans, ends chopped off
    2 tbsp of olive oil
    4 tbsp parmesan cheese
    Garlic...fresh minced
    Red pepper

Mixed together beans, olive oil, 2 of 4 tbsp of parmesan cheese, garlic and red pepper flakes together. Spray a baking sheet. Spread the bean mixture in a single layer on the baking sheet. Add the rest of the parmesan cheese over the beans and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes depending on how crispy or soft you prefer them. I calculated that this would serve 3 at 120 cals. (a cup each).These are so good that when my boys eat a pasta side dish I just eat a bit more of this instead.
    Do same thing with asparagus. Super yum!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    This is a necro post but I wanted to ask somethine about this recipe.

I just made these and after 30min in the oven on 350 degrees, the green beans were still juicy. I really wanted them to be toasted and crunchy like you would get in a snack box. But I upped the temp to 425 and left them in there for another 20 min or so. Ultimately they came out with one side of the bean being burnt and the middle portion still being juicy and almost tasting raw.

Does anyone know how to remedy this because I really want my green beans to come out with the consistency of a potato chip.
    This was a semantic issue. The beans soften as you cook them. Really fresh and young green beans like asparagus are tender crisp already and just need seasoning and to be heated thru, not necessarily cooked. You can deep fry batter dipped green beans to get a crunchy texture. If you want beans like potato chips, like the ones you can get at Fresh Market and Whole foods, you have to fry them in a vacuum to dehydrate them as they fry. Not really feasible for us home cooks....yet! I have my hopes. I love me some okra chips but at 8-9.99 a lb they are an occasional treat.
  • B0rnC0nfus3d
    B0rnC0nfus3d Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    gourmet-sht.gif
  • joandue
    joandue Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    bump