who has had an extreme "mom tummy" & ost a lot of weight....

Options
So I have about 70 lbs to loose. Once I do...I'm worried, even with working out...

Where will my "mommy tummy" go? I can't picture me right now, with the huge flab of expanded tummy from having 3 kids....ever being flat or even close.

Will I need surgery? Will there be skin?

Anyone have before and after photos of this?

Replies

• MrsMRo220
    MrsMRo220 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Not sure what qualifies as extreme but I had a pretty big stomach from 4 kids. I lift heavy and that really helps as well as a calorie deficit. :)
  • nineshift99
    Options
    I'm in the same boat and that's my fear, too. I have no idea what it'll look like when it's over. I'm hoping it'll go away.
  • TravelinChiGal
    TravelinChiGal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have a raisin tummy (as I like to refer to it) at the moment... Just hoping that over time after being stretched out so much my 90 year old chin wrinkles that currently reside on my stomach just above my c-section scar will fade into the background...

1529060.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • brandierich
    brandierich Posts: 1,087
    Options
    I have the extra skin and lots of stretch marks if that is what you are talking about and I don't like it one bit !!!! but that's part of life I guess ... is that what you are referring to ???
  • Manthazmommy
    Manthazmommy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a belly from kids, from thyroid problems, from menopause, but I assume it will become as small as it looks when I'm sucking it in (or better). I'll be happy with that.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Funny I just wrote this today... "Time to share the belly photo...ughhh" You can see my progression and yes I am left with skin and such, but I'm learning to live with it...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/rides4sanity/view/time-to-share-the-belly-photo-ughhh-616669

You are quite a bit younger than I am, and I was on a rollercoaster of ups and downs. You likely have more elasticity to your skin than I do. Lose it and keep it off, then maybe you won't have this much of an issue... Good luck!
  • MrsMRo220
    Options
    Funny I just wrote this today... "Time to share the belly photo...ughhh" You can see my progression and yes I am left with skin and such, but I'm learning to live with it...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/rides4sanity/view/time-to-share-the-belly-photo-ughhh-616669

You are so beautiful!! I have to say that right off! Really!

I think how your tummy looks, will be how mine looks. I want it to be that thin flat stomach I have dreamed about getting again since having kids. I just know it won't be an option without surgery. :( which I'm terrified of because it just seems scary so I probably will never do it.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Whether or not you ever have a flat tummy, defined abs or loose skin depends on genetics among many other things. There's no real knowing for sure until it happens.

One thing I can tell you for sure: if you eat at a deficit, exercise and commit to losing weight reasonably, your belly WILL be smaller.

And you'll be stronger, have more endurance and be healthier!

For those reasons alone, I think you should just stick with it and find out for yourself. You really have nothing to lose, right?

However, if you want to see other people, I suggest you go through the "Success" forums. There are BUNCHES of stories there.

Best wishes! :flowerforyou:
  • MrsMRo220
    Options
    I have the extra skin and lots of stretch marks if that is what you are talking about and I don't like it one bit !!!! but that's part of life I guess ... is that what you are referring to ???

Yea I call it "mommy tummy" cause all of my friends who have kids have it.
  • MrsMRo220
    Options
    Whether or not you ever have a flat tummy, defined abs or loose skin depends on genetics among many other things. There's no real knowing for sure until it happens.

One thing I can tell you for sure: if you eat at a deficit, exercise and commit to losing weight reasonably, your belly WILL be smaller.

For those reasons alone, I think you should just stick with it and find out for yourself. You really have nothing to lose, right?

However, if you want to see other people, I suggest you go through the "Success" forums. There are BUNCHES of stories there.

What is a deficit? I've been trying to figure this out since I saw it yesterday.

I'm exercising daily and walking a lot, I'm already REALLY active since I have 3 kids under 5. I'm eating healthy foods, I know some can eat just in there calorie range and eat what they want, but I can't, or I can't stop. I can only eat healthy things, fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean meats, ect.
  • brandierich
    brandierich Posts: 1,087
    Options
    Ok I checked it out .. you and I have the same problem your not alone on that one ... but you have come so far you should be proud of it ... I hate mine to pieces but I'm still proud as hell I'm not going to lie...
  • tinacrane
    tinacrane Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You are all much younger than I am! :ohwell: BUT- I have reduced my stomach fat a lot, although it is doubtful at the age of 56 that the saggy skin will ever really go away. ( I had 3 C-sections, gave birth to 4 children including one set of twins and had a hysterectomy: so there is the 'dollop' [gross I know] of skin right over the scar). I watch what I eat out and workout at least 4 times a week...But the stomach skin still hangs after loosing 40 pounds down to a size 6/8 :cry:

Gotta love yourself even with the loose skin :flowerforyou:
  • DamePiglet
    Options

You are quite a bit younger than I am, and I was on a rollercoaster of ups and downs. You likely have more elasticity to your skin than I do. Lose it and keep it off, then maybe you won't have this much of an issue... Good luck!

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS BLOG POST!!!
  • DamePiglet
    Options

What is a deficit? I've been trying to figure this out since I saw it yesterday.

I'm exercising daily and walking a lot, I'm already REALLY active since I have 3 kids under 5. I'm eating healthy foods, I know some can eat just in there calorie range and eat what they want, but I can't, or I can't stop. I can only eat healthy things, fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean meats, ect.

Good question!
    Deficit means that the calories you eat is less than the calories you expend.
    Are you logging your calories and additional exercise on MFP?
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options

Thanks. It isn't easy to let it all hang out whenyou work so hard to conceal it everyday...
  • rebrjoma
    Options
    After much reflection, and seeing my 3rd trimester pics from my 2nd kiddo, there is no doubt where my stretched out tummy came from...and still eating for two...and so on. And I had emergency gall bladder surgery after that. So, I am sure that didn't help.
  • DamePiglet
    Options

Thanks. It isn't easy to let it all hang out whenyou work so hard to conceal it everyday...

I have no doubt.

I hope that sometime in the future it won't be that way anymore. Not for you, not for anyone else.
    It would be terrific if mainstream media would catch up to the real world.

Thanks again for being brave... and gorgeous, btw!
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    My before/current pictures are in my profile-I've lost 58lbs and have 3 kids (5, 7 and 9) :)
  • MrsMRo220
    Options

Good question!
    Deficit means that the calories you eat is less than the calories you expend.
    Are you logging your calories and additional exercise on MFP?

Yes, I'm supposed to eat 1600 calories a day, and I burn around 500 calories a day, I walk, fast and a lot In the morning, do cardio at night for an hour, and do random little workouts I find I online, weight lift(little ones for now) .