Small Victory

Options
I work in an office, where my co-workers are ALWAYS ordering out. Today, I was asked if I wanted Mexican food. Instead, I went to our cafeteria and made myself a huge spinach salad with veggies and chicken.....After I ate it I almost wanted to tear up....not because it was delicious (which it was), but rather because I was able to say NO to something I was going to regret. I AM my motivation -- each day is going to be a struggle, but as long as I take baby steps, I KNOW I can do it. I don't even think that it's the new year that is motivating me..... I am just tired of trying to blame someone else for always giving up on living a healthier life. As I sit here at work, I think about all of you out there that are going through the struggle, just like me.....and I pray that all of you continue your success and make it to your goal.

I'm slowly learning to realize what I'm putting into my body, and it's awesome that I am beginning to have the willpower to eat a healthy lunch, while everyone around me is inhaling burrito lunch specials that are over 1300 calories. I now sit and debate about what to eat, instead of before, where I would choose at random, and then regret it.

I'm not expecting anyone to reply to this.... it's just something I feel I need to share. Thank you MFP. I've stalked this website for over 3 years, adding lunches here and there and eventually giving up. But not this time. :heart:

Replies

• howatts
    howatts Posts: 13
    Options
    Be very proud of your accomplishment! You had a light bulb moment and realizing that you are in control is a huge success! I too had the same experience today at work. After a staff meeting, pizza and pop were brought in, I quietly got up and went to warm up my chicken, veggies and brown rice. A few co workers commented on my lack of pizza participation but it didn't bother me at all! Even the smell didn't sway my decision to not eat the pizza.

I think the journey to weight loss success is the small victories that we encounter and help to make the end result that much better. Keep doing what you're doing and you will be continue to be motivated and happy!

Looking forward to hearing more!!
  • DDHunnie
    DDHunnie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You are so right howatts. I feel really good about today. I will work hard each day until it becomes second nature to make healthier choices! Congrats on a win today to you tooooo!!!!!!