Over my sugar goal

Hughes39
Hughes39 Posts: 169
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
It's only 1pm and I'm already over my sugar "goal". it set my goal at 35...is that realistic?
And is there a way to get some of those points back? i know when you work out it burns cals and you get those back. but not sure about sugar. i just now made it to where it showed me my sugar, and i didn't work out yesterday so i haven't a clue!
i dont have a clue about much actually. its all really confusing for me. it was easier when i was only keeping track of cals, carbs, and whatever that 3rd one was that they automatically select for you.

can anyone explain to me what i should be watching out for? as long as i stay under my cals i should continue to loose weight, right? even if i go over on other things?

Replies

• Just stay under your calorie goal and let the sugar go hang, especially if it is from fruits and veggies.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    If you are watching cals then stay under your cals, if you are watching carbs then set those accordingly, I watch carbs, so my carbs, sugar, fiber and sodium are all I watch. Just really depends on what you are doing with regard to "your" weight loss.
  • SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    If you are watching calories I wouldn't stress about making sure all the other categories are always under everyday. Not to say that you should make a pattern of going way over them, but sometimes it happens, but if you're within your calorie goals, you should just let it be.

Now, the thing about sugar is that you don't really want to spike your blood sugar a whole lot, because that leads to a crash later and feeling down. Those feelings are not too helpful when dieting as it may cause you to crave more unhealthy foods. So mostly I would recommend you see how you're eating your sugar. If most of it was all in one item, you may want to rethink eating that, but if it was fairly well distributed throughout the day, then you don't have much to worry about. I eat an apple everyday, and it has 14 grams of sugar, but it's an apple and if I had to choose between eating the apple and going over in the sugar category, I'd choose eating the apple.

So watch your personal response to sugary items and let that be your guide to eating them :)
This discussion has been closed.