Your Scariest Moment

Options
You should know right off this is not necessarily about weight loss, although you may consider it about staying in good health (I have heard people could die of fright lol)

I am an extremely cautious and nervous person. For example:

My husband goes to school full time and works full time, thus works very late nights, which means I am home alone with my kiddos. About a month ago I was hanging up laundry when my toddler woke up and had to go "potty", and while I was in the bathroom with him I heard these popping sounds. My heart begins pounding as usual and the usual terror sets in. I looked out a few windows (peeking through blinds of course) but it wasn't until I got to my back door that I looked out and saw two gunman (literally one of my greatest fears) go to my neighbors house, up their porch and fire their weapon. I thought I was going to die of fear alone!! So I grabbed my child while blubbering like a baby, turned all the lights off in the house, went to my closet and called the police. I stayed on the phone while the police were on their way (which took a really long time!) and shook like a leaf. There was suddenly a loud knock on my door which frightened me even more and I begged the dispatcher to confirm it was a policeman (she was confused because no one said anything when they knocked and apparently they were supposed to) so I crept to the door (leaving my baby in the closet) and yelled "who is it" to which someone said "they were an officer" (in retrospect a gunman might have said the same thing lol) but I opened the door anyway. There were three officers there, and the man was looking confused and a little annoyed. He asked me what I saw exactly, told me they didn't find anything, and suggested I calm down-- basically treating me like an idiot. Insulting. I had to visit my neighbor the following day to find out their boys were playing with paintball guns, which they had explained to the police but I guess they didn't think I needed to know.

I say all that to say that sometimes stuff is just freaky.

I had to laugh just now though. My IPad has loud alerts, and as I am spending yet another very late night alone and being afraid, the alert from a game made me almost wet myself. LOL

How about you? Funny scary moments? Just plain terrifying?

Replies

• tashamoulds
    Options
    My scariest moments are when I have sleep paralysis. If you don't know what that is then it's basically when you're eyes and brain wake up but you body doesn't wake up. That's scary all by itself but sometimes (or in my case every time) you lucid dream while being paralyzed (side effect of you're brain not being fully awake and in sync.).
    I've been like this since I was young but usually I just heard voice but I wasn't to scared because I had my mother or brother and a nightlight. The scariest one though was when I was at a sleep over at my cousins house. Her room was pitch black when I woke up but I saw a zombie alien looking thing (it sounds funny but it was truly terrifying) looming over me. It took me a while to find my voice and when I found it I screamed, waking up my cousin and her mother. My cousin turned on the light and I snapped out of it but after that I had to get and I almost threw up. In the end I was shaking like a dog ****tin' a peach pit. Another one that was scary but not as scary was I woke up and saw a weird creature that kind of looked like a cross between a chupicabra and Gollum crouching in the middle of the room, it looked at me then jumped on my ceiling, then I snapped out of it, I wasn't as scared because I remembered the alien zombie incident and told myself it was an illusion.
    Something that's compares to or probably surpasses the zombie alien incident is when my mother passed out. She was fine one minute then she passed out out on the floor and she was pregnant at the time. When the ambulance came I went outside and had a panic attack (I felt like I couldn't breathe and I didn't want my younger sibling seeing me cry.)